Proud and solitary, Eel Marsh House surveys the windswept reaches of the salt marshes beyond Nine Lives Causeway. Arthur Kipps, a junior solicitor, is summoned to attend the funeral of Mrs Alice Drablow, the house's sole inhabitant, unaware of the tragic secrets which lie hidden behind the shuttered windows. It is not until he glimpses a wasted young woman, dressed all in black, at the funeral, that a creeping sense of unease begins to take hold, a feeling deepened by the reluctance of the locals to talk of the woman in black - and her terrible purpose. Years later, as an old man, he recounts his experiences to an actor in a desperate attempt to exorcise the ghosts of the past. The play unfolds around the conversations of these two characters as they act out the solicitor's experiences on Eel Marsh all those years ago.
Theatre and Dinner Package
As above, but for a truly extraordinary evening, included in the package price is an amazing two-course dinner before the show. This will be a night out you'll never forget!
Choose from the following restaurants for your pre- theatre dinner (Click here for the sample menu):
- Ruby Blue Leicester Place, Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7BP.
- Sway 61-65 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5BZ.
- The Longacre 1-3 Long Acre, London, WC2E 9LH.
- Grace, 42-44 Great Windmill St., London W1D 7NB.
- Tiger London, 29 The Haymarket, London, SW1Y 4SP.
- Foundation, 5 Langley Street, London, WC2H 9JA.
*Not available on Sunday