- Reserved Seats on Virgin Trains
- Lake Cruise on Windermere, England’s Largest Lake
- See Bowness & Tarn Hows
- See Yew Tree Farm – where Miss Potter was filmed
- Visit Hawkshead Village
- Visit Hill Top Farm
- Cream Tea at Lindeth Howe, Beatrix Potter’s home
Departure from Euston Station
Make your way to Euston Station for 8.00am, where you will meet your Golden Tours representative by the ticket office. They will check you in and escort you to your reserved seats, so there is no need to worry about missing your departure time! The train leaves Euston station at 8.30am, arriving at stunning Oxenholme in the Lake District at 11.08am, where your guide will meet you on the platform.
Oxenholme, Lake District and Beatrix Potter
After you are taken to the vehicle that will be your transport for the rest of the day, it’s time to hit the road and see the Lake District! You’ll travel through winding country lanes and past cute cottages, with sparkling Lake Windermere on one side. The largest natural lake in England, Windermere is an expansive stretch of water surrounded by rolling hills.
You will visit Hill Top, the home of Beatrix Potter. The setting for some of the celebrated author’s Original Tales, Hill Top boasts a quaint building and lush gardens. Rediscover your childhood as you explore the Potter’s charming house – it still contains some of her favourite things!
The day continues with a visit to the Hawkshead, a medieval village originally owned by the monks of Furness Abbey. Its church dates back to 1300, and famed poet Wordsworth studied at Hawkshead’s grammar school! You’ll also pass picturesque beauty spot Tarn Hows on the way to Coniston Water – keep your eyes open for resident roe deer in Yew Tree Valley. On our return to Windermere, there’s a photo stop at Yew Tree Farm; the setting for Hollywood film Miss Potter.
Cream Tea at Lindeth Howe – Family Home of Beatrix Potter
You will enjoy a deliciously British cream tea at Beatrix Potter’s family home, Lindeth Howe. A classic Lakeland country house hotel in Bowness, Lindeth Howe is set in 6 acres of its own private garden. Tuck in to fresh clotted cream, jam and scones in this beautiful setting.
Your guide will escort you to the train station for your return journey back to London. You will leave Oxenholme at 6.30pm, arriving at Euston Station at 9.24pm. (Departure times on Saturdays may vary, so please refer to your welcome pack on the day.)
- Once booked this tour is non-refundable
- This tour will only operate with minimum numbers during the off peak season (October to March). Please call 24 hours after making your booking to confirm
- Children under 5 are not accepted on the tour due to safety issues
- Reserved seats on Virgin Trains
- Lake Cruise on Windermere
- Visit to Hawkshead Village, Hill Top Farm
- Cream Tea at Beatrix Potter's own home Lindeth Howe
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel transfers