Approx. 3.5 hours
- Tate Modern
- Shakepeare's Globe Theatre
- Southwark Cathedral
- Borough Market
- Tower of London
- Angel of the Thames
- Dead Man’s Hole
- London Docks
- Tower Bridge
- Battle of Cable Street Mural
- Mystery of Jack the Ripper
- Brick Lane
- City of London
- Pub with legendary tunnel to the Tower of London
- Monument to the Great Fire of London.
Departure Time: 3pm
Meeting Point: Outside the entrance to platforms 1 & 2 at Waterloo Station
Please note: All tours leave 10 minutes after the alloted departure time. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.
Rough, tough and full of character, the East End was once a fearsome place that even the police avoided if they could! But as the river served to welcome trade from all parts of the world, the East End has grown over the centuries and developed a culture of extraordinary richness and diversity – and what better way to unravel the layers of history than on a this bike tour , revealing all that is unique, strange and amusing about this captivating piece of London.
The SECRET LONDON TOUR follows a route along the river taking in attractions like the Tate Modern art gallery and Shakespeare’s Globe theatre, whilst also visiting Borough Market and the glorious Southwark Cathedral. After safely navigating Tower Bridge (our guides are expertly trained to keep you safe from the villains and foul-mouthed characters that once lurked here!), we explore the Tower itself and ‘Dead Man’s Hole’ to see if we can retrieve any bodies found floating in the river Thames!
Moving quite literally from rags to riches, we next explore the old docks of the East End, the Battle of Cable Street mural and wonderful Artillery and Brick Lanes, before moving on to the splendours of the City of London, including The Bank of England and the Royal Exchange. Yet, not quite finished with London past, we show you the place from where the Romans measured all distances in Britannia, the flame-topped monument to the Great Fire of London and the historic ‘Bow Bells’, from where all true Cockney’s are born within earshot.
Inevitably, the tour has its wacky stories to tell – such as the ‘Leap of Faith’ by a London Bus over Tower Bridge; The pub with a legendary ancient tunnel to the Tower of London; And the mysterious ‘Angel of the Thames’ (maybe you’ll be lucky enough to spot her!) who guards over all residents of ol’ London town.
It’s simply impossible to summarize the amazing SECRET LONDON TOUR, combining medieval history, legend, scandal and modern glamour. Yet, one thing for certain is that everybody who joins us will leave with a picture of London that they could never have previously imagined.- just remember to bring a camera….
- Bicycle rental
- Safety helmet
- Professional tour guide
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before departure time. Late arrivals will not receive a refund.
- Please wear dress appropriate for a cycle tour (visibility clothing, appropriate cycling gear)
- Children under 10 years are not permitted to join any Bike tour. Eligible children must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Please take care of all personal property. The Company will not be liable for any theft, loss, damage, delay, inconvenience, direct or consequential loss
- Each customer is responsible for maintaining their own safety at all times. The Company will not be liable for any injuries caused to a customer unless this is as a result of negligence on the Company’s part.
- By agreeing to take part on the tour, all customers are agreeing to follow the safety instructions given by the guide and to exercise due care and attention whilst cycling. If a participant is unable to ride a bicycle safely the tour leader may ask the person to stop riding. No refund will be given.
- The Company may, at its discretion, require any person to be excluded from a tour if The Company deems his or her conduct to be offensive or a nuisance to other customers. The Company also reserves the right to refuse access to participate on a particular tour should circumstance be deemed to compromise tour safety.
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.