Entry to Leeds Castle
Activity code: LCE
- A one day ticket to ‘the loveliest castle in the world’
- The castle is situated on an island surrounded by a beautiful moat
- Explore over 500 acres of garden and parkland and spot Buzzards, Woodpeckers and Kingfishers
- Discover 900 years of the Castle’s history
- Escape the Maze and visit the unique museum of dog collars
Discover 900 years of history in this beautiful Castle in the Gatehouse Museum which explores its development from Norman beginnings to the years of Royal ownership, as well as centuries of private ownership and current status as an idyllic country retreat. The unique Dog Collar Museum is a fascinating collection of canine neckwear spanning five centuries, including an iron collar for a Mastiff to protect against the wolves and bears that would have roamed England and Europe at the time.
Children will love the Knights’ Stronghold Playground, a wooden replica of Leeds Castle with climbing walls and zip wires, as well as the challenge of the Leeds Castle Maze, made from 2,400 yew trees. 500 acres of garden and parkland is home to numerous birds and wildlife as well as various curated gardens growing indigenous and exotic plants.
What You Get
What You Don’t Get
- Certain attractions within the castle and grounds are seasonal, please check before your visit to avoid disappointment
- This ticket is for entry to Leeds Castle only
- This ticket is only valid the day of purchase
April to September
The Castle is open daily from 10:45am to 4:30pm (last entry at 3:45pm) and the Castle gardens are open daily from 10:00am to 6:00pm
October to March
The Castle is open daily (opening hours to be confirmed) and the Castle gardens are open daily from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Both the gardens and Castle will be closed 10th July 2021 and 25th December 2021.
Leeds Castle, Maidstone, ME17 1PL
How to Get Here
Car: 7 miles east of Maidstone, Junction 8 off the M20 motorway just one hour from London and 30 minutes from the Channel Tunnel and Channel Ports.
Train: Travel to Bearstead Station (coach shuttle service run by Spot Travel to the castle, please check their website for latest updates).