Small Group Tour to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge with Entries
Activity code: 156
- Embark on a personable experience with this small group tour
- Enjoy entry to the majestic Windsor Castle and the iconic Stonehenge
- Return transportation by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Led by a professional guide giving you fascinating facts
- Enjoy an exclusive 25% discount on guide books at Stonehenge**!
- Cancelled bookings up to 24 hours before travel receive a full refund
Brimming with rich royal history as the previous home of British monarchs including Henry I, Henry II and Edward III, Windsor Castle is an absolute must-visit. Located in the beautiful town of Windsor, the castle is owned by Her Majesty the Queen and is one of the most important royal locations in the country. Once regularly visited by the formidable Henry VIII, Windsor Castle is now the resting place of this famous Tudor king which you can visit in the beautiful St George’s Chapel inside the castle. You will also get to explore the plush State Rooms that will have you feeling like royalty throughout with its grand architecture and lavish styles. Set in the gorgeous town of Windsor, a visit to the Castle is an absolute unmissable treat for all the family.
Featured on most people’s bucket list, Stonehenge doesn’t disappoint. These historic monuments are instilled within British culture and one of the biggest mysteries in the world. Why are they there? Who put them there? How did they get there? All of these questions are unanswered but this is your chance to see for yourself! See the pre-historic stones and do your own investigations before coming to the conclusion on how you think they got there! Cameras at the ready – you’re not going to want to forget these in a hurry!
What You Get
What's Excluded in the tour
- Further to the UK government announcement on 8th December 2021, all experiences will operate as normal. Face coverings are required in Windsor Castle. You will be refused entry without one.
- To view our enhanced safety measures click here
- This tour requires an e-ticket. You must provide the e-ticket that will be sent through to you so please ensure you bring the e-ticket with you to the venue. Without the e-ticket, you will be unable to gain entry to the tour.
- During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used.
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
- *Enjoy a 25% discount off Stonehenge guidebooks. Valid until 31st March 2022. Show your given wristband to get the discount
Check-in time: 7:45am
Departure time: 8:00am
Return time: approx. 6:00pm
Departure point: Golden Tours Visitor Centre, Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
Return Point: Golden Tours Visitors Centre, Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
Due to a legal working hour’s restriction for drivers, if your tour arrives back into London after 7:45pm, you will be dropped off at Gloucester Road Underground Station, not Victoria. Your driver will drop you off within a couple of minutes’ walk to Gloucester Road Underground Station. Gloucester Road is in Zone 1 and is three stops on the Circle or District Lines to Victoria. The Piccadilly Line also runs through Gloucester Road, where it is only 5 stops to Piccadilly Circus.
Windsor Castle closures:
- 25 and 26 December – Castle completely closed.
When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Drawings Gallery will continue to be open.
St. George’s Chapel
- 23 and 24 December – closes at 1:00pm.
St. George’s Chapel is usually closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services.