Kia Oval Ground Tours
Activity code: KOG
- Explore the world-famous Kia Oval cricket ground, home to the Surrey County cricket club
- Uncover the rich history of the grounds as you’re led by an expert guide
- The venue of some of England’s greatest sporting moments
- Have extra special access to the pitch during your tour
- Enjoy the wonderful memorabilia from the past and present in the club museum
- Take in iconic views of the pitch and the Victorian gasholder from the Peter May Stand
- End the tour in the Members Pavilion with a delicious tea and coffee
The History of the Kia Oval
Opened in 1845, the Kia Oval ground has a rich history of sporting events. Most famously, it hosted the first England international cricket match in 1990 and in 1993, the always hugely-anticipated Ashes tournament. The Kia Oval has also been the venue for many other exciting sporting events including English football’s oldest competition, the first ever FA Cup final in 1872 and England’s first rugby match in 1876.
The Oval has been the home of many of England’s greatest sporting triumphs and most recently, hosted the thrilling finale to the 2005 Ashes. It was also the venue for English victories in the Ashes in both the years of 2009 and 2013!
Your Kia Oval Tour
When you arrive at the ground, you will be greeted by an expert guide who will lead you on your exciting tour of the Oval. You will have the special opportunity of seeing all the behind-the-scenes magic of the ground and even get to venture into the press and commentary box. Better still, you’ll get to experience what the hallowed turf feels like! No Oval tour would be complete without going to the Peter May stand giving you breathtaking views of the pitch and the famous Victoria Gasholder. You will also have access to the club museum where you can discover and explore fascinating memorabilia from across the decades. After your tour, you’ll get to relax and enjoy a tea and coffee in the grand Members Pavilion.
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- Once booked, this tour cannot be cancelled.
- You can amend the date of this tour after booking.
- On the day of your tour, we recommend arriving at the John Edrich Gate (Oval underground end), 20 minutes prior to the start time of your tour.
- All tour routes are subject to availability and subject to change.
Days of Operation: Thursdays to Sundays
Check in (Pavilion Entrance): 10:40am
Tour begins at: 11:00am
Surrey County Cricket Club, Kia Oval, Harleyford Road, London, SE11 5SS
Please enter via the John Edrich Gate, Oval Underground end.
- 1st, 2nd, 9th and 22nd July 2021
- 8th , 14th and 20th August 2021
- 2nd – 5th September 2021
- 20th-31st December 2021
- 1st- 5th January 2022