Edinburgh Food Tour
Activity code: EFT
- 3+ hour expert guided tour of Old Town Edinburgh’s iconic food spots
- Enjoy Scotland’s national dish and drink
- Find out what neeps and tatties are
- Try Scottish cakes, creamy cheese and more
Embark on a culinary adventure in the beautiful city of Edinburgh. Promenade through the cobbled streets, wynds and closes of the Old Town learning about the history and culture of this spectacular capital and its delicious food.
There’s no better way to start a Scottish food tour than with Scotland’s national dish, haggis. Served with a side of neeps and tatties, haggis is composed of sheep’s liver, heart and lungs — but don’t worry, it tastes a lot better than it sounds!
It’s only right to follow the national dish with the national drink — whisky. With a history dating back to the 11th century, learn all about Scotch as you enjoy a fantastic Lowland Single Malt. Next, discover for yourself why the Scots love creamy cheese so much.
Delight in the quintessentially British ritual of Afternoon Tea served with divine local Scottish cakes before you make your way to the last stop for the Secret Dish.
- If you wish to amend the time/date of your tour, one-week notice is required.
- This tour is not disabled friendly.
- The itinerary and menu are subject to change, based on the locations' availability, weather, and other circumstances.
Meeting/Departure Point: St Giles Cathedral, High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RE (opposite the French consulate)
Tour Times: 12pm every day except Tuesdays and Wednesdays