The Scotch Whisky Experience
Activity code: WANDW
- Enjoy a whisky tasting experience in the capital of Scotland
- Learn about the history and geography of whisky production
- Explore the glass vault and one of the largest Scotch whisky collections
- Receive a crystal tasting glass and more!
A trip to Edinburgh wouldn’t be complete without a whisky tasting experience. Located on The Royal Mile next to Edinburgh Castle, this is the only attraction in the world to take you on a grand tour of Scotland’s five whisky producing regions.
With a fantastic guide throughout your experience, you’ll gain a perfect introduction to Scotch whisky and explore the glass and marble vault of one of the world’s largest collections of Scotch whisky.
This fun and interactive experience will take you on a journey to all the whisky producing regions including Speyside, home of the floral and fruity malts, and Islay, where you’ll find smoky and peaty whiskies. What’s more, you’ll learn what goes into creating the perfect blend and how the geography and weather affect the aromas and flavours of different whiskies. All adults will also receive a souvenir crystal whisky tasting glass!
If you’re new to the world of whisky, this 50-minute tour is the ideal introduction. After learning all about the history and geography of whisky production, you’ll get to choose to delight in either a dram of single malt or blended Scotch whisky. Soft drinks are also available.
Gold Tour (18+)
Enjoy all the above and more with the Gold Tour! Following your dram, you’ll get the chance to taste four expertly selected regional single malts in the elegant private bar. What’s more, you’ll receive a one-year membership to the Scotch Whisky Appreciation Society. This entitles you to discounts in the award-winning Amber restaurant, whisky bar and shop.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- Bring your ID as anyone under 25 may be asked to prove their age.
- Student/Senior ticket holders will require a valid photo ID.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your entry time.
- Under 18s will be offered a soft drink.
- Children 5 and under go free.
- This experience is fully accessible and welcomes assistance dogs.