Day Trip to York by Rail with Golden Tours Open Top Bus
Activity code: P9
- Reserved seats on LNER
- Explore the historic walled city of York
- Enjoy an Open Top Bus Tour of the city
- First Class (optional) includes refreshments served at your seat
You will need to be at King’s Cross Station at 7:30am with your e-tickets for your rail journeys. A friendly member of staff will also meet you to help with any last minute questions. Your train will depart at 8:00am and arrive into York at 9:51am ready for a day in the beautiful city of York.
Unrivalled in Britain for its magical charm and beauty, this walled city on the River Ouse was the northern capital in Roman times.
Open Top Bus Tour
The Golden Tours Open Top Bus Tour departs from outside the station and takes you all round the ancient city, including the famous medieval street, the Shambles; museums and galleries such as Castle Museum; and York Minster, a massive gothic cathedral with outstanding stained glass windows.
Monday to Thursday: train departs at 7:29pm and arrives back in London at 9:44pm.
For added comfort and luxury, you can choose to upgrade your rail trip to first class. This option includes wider, reclining seats with a generous amount of leg room, larger tables, a fast Wi-Fi connection, power sockets and USB charging points at every seat and a complimentary two-course meal for lunch and dinner (as well as a breakfast menu in the morning).
- Please double check you have entered the correct email address, as without the e-tickets you cannot travel. If you do not receive the email please contact the reservations team on +44 207 233 7030
- Full refund if cancelled up to 14 days prior to travel date.
- This tour is unescorted.
- Train seats are allocated on first come first serve basis & not guaranteed together.