Salisbury, Windsor, Stonehenge & City of Bath
Activity code: 201
- Explore the 5,000 year old ancient stones of Stonehenge
- Enjoy entry to the Stonehenge Visitor Centre and audio guide throughout
- Come up close to the historic Magna Carta at Salisbury Cathedral
- Discover Georgian architecture with a walking tour of Bath
- Return transportation on a luxury coach included
Windsor Castle is the largest and oldest occupied castle in the world, dating back almost 1000 years and is an official residence of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. During your visit, you can explore the plush royal State Apartments, steeped in history and abundant with antique furnishings. Lining the walls are priceless works of arts for you to admire by artists such as Rembrandt and Rubens. Be sure to visit The Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House which is truly a spectacular model. It’s one of the largest, most famous and beautiful dolls’ houses in the world. Built for Queen Mary in the early 1920s, you’ll get to admire the fabulous details of this model royal home; complete with electricity and working lifts this is a real treat to see. During your visit, you will also see St George’s Chapel, the final resting place of 10 monarchs and the royal wedding venue for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Soak in sights of the gothic architecture of the stunning chapel which is considered as some of the finest in England.
Captivating and endlessly mysterious, Stonehenge has to be seen to be believed. Standing on Salisbury Plains for approximately 5,000 years, these enchanting stones are surrounded by thousands of theories – was this a religious temple? A Bronze Age burial ground? Perhaps it was an astronomical clock? Decide for yourself as you explore the site and the Visitor Centre.
Over 800 years old and standing at a whopping 123m, Salisbury Cathedral is a truly glorious feature of the city skyline. The impressive spire is considered to be one of the masterpieces of Early English architecture. Combining the old with the new, see the beautiful modern font, designed by William Pye and inspect the best preserved copy of the Magna Carta, the incredibly significant historical document that recently celebrated its 800th anniversary.
Resting on the banks of the River Avon, Bath is proud to be the first city in England to be declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy some free time to wander around the gorgeous Georgian streets, take in the beautiful city sights such as the romantic Pulteney Bridge and the 15th century Bath Abbey.
Walking Tour of Bath
Have the opportunity to discover more about the exquisite city of Bath with a walking tour. Led by an expert guide throughout, you will learn of Bath’s rich history and get to venture down the idyllic streets whilst you discover fascinating facts about the city.
Estimated arrival time back in London is around 8:00pm.
|What's Included in the tour
||What's Excluded in the tour
- Please note that on Friday 22nd March Windsor Castle will be close and we will visit Hampton Court Palace instead.
- State Apartments at Windsor Castle will be closed on 22nd March, 2nd May, 16th June and 17th June 2019
- On 18th May 2019, Windsor Castle will be closed. On 21st April 2019, Windsor Castle will not open until 1pm.
- Queen Mary's Dolls' House at Windsor Castle will be closed to visitors from Friday, 6 July, until further notice.
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- Windsor Castle is a working royal palace and planned closures/disruptions may be subject to change. Please view the Schedule tab above for full information on closures.
- On 18th of June due to Windsor Castle closures, this tour will visit Henry VIII’s former residence – Hampton Court Palace instead.
- Bookings made after midnight for the same day will not receive a free Lunch pack
- During Peak Periods, Additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi May Be Used.
- When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and the Drawings Gallery will continue to be open.
- *Enjoy a 25% discount off Stonehenge guidebooks. Valid until 31st March 2020. You will be given your discount voucher on the day of departure
1 April to 30 September: Daily
1 October to 31 March: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Golden Tours Visitor Centre Victoria
DEPARTURE POINTS: Golden Tours Visitors Centre, 4 Fountain Square, 123-151 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 9SH
Tel: +44 (0)20 7233 7030
|Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||SW1W 9SH||07:30:00|