Hogwarts in the Snow is back at Warner Bros. Studio…
We’re getting really excited about our upcoming exclusive event at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: The Making of Harry Potter in October, so in celebration, we’ve come up with the 11 best things to see and do at one of the most magical places in the world.
1. The Cupboard Under the Stairs –Just as this location is where the story of Harry Potter begins, this is also one of the first things to see on the tour. The tiny room where Harry stayed with the Dursleys is filled with treasures from his life before Hogwarts and there’s even a pair of Harry’s spectacles on display.
2. The Great Hall –The scale of this room is breathtaking and it’s filled with incredible costumes from the films. But watch out – this is the only part of the tour where you have limited time, so make sure you see it all!
3. Explore Dumbledore’s office – This section is absolutely packed to the rafters with books, documents and trinkets used by the much-loved headmaster of Hogwarts. Get a closer look at the portraits of previous headmasters, spot the sorting hat and have a look at the Pensieve, the place where Dumbledore looked at his memories.
4. Meet Warwick Davis! – We are extremely honoured and very excited that Hollywood star and Harry Potter actor in all eight movies Warwick Davis will be our special guest for the evening! Say hello to Mr Davis and learn a little more about his time on set.
5. Learn Wand Moves –Another exciting element is the chance to learn wand moves from an expert. Feel like a true wizard and practice before taking your O.W.L. (Ordinary Wizarding Level).
6. The Hogwarts Express–A relatively new addition to the exhibition, the original Hogwarts Express sits in the studios, with the inside of the carriages painstakingly recreated. See each carriage, themed around a different movie and stand on Platform 9 3/4.
7. Fly a Broomstick! – Climb aboard a Nimbus 2000 and fly above the Hogwarts Express with the help of incredible green-screen technology! Wearing official Hogwarts uniform while you swoop and soar – photographs of your flight will be available to purchase afterwards.
8. Try Butterbeer™– This event includes a tasty Butterbeer™, so once you reach the Backlot kick back and relax with the famous drink from the film series. This is one of only three places in the world where you can drink Butterbeer™.
9. A Brush with Death Eaters– On the 14th October, there will be a special appearance from some of Voldemort’s loyal followers – the Death Eaters. When you enter Diagon Alley, you’ll meet the supporters of the Dark Arts – a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
11. Remember it all with a Signed Guide Book– After you’ve explored the entire exhibit and seen all the special features and events, each booking receives a souvenir guidebook signed by the special effect supervisor on all eight movies, John Richardson – the perfect way to remember a magical evening.
What do you most want to see at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London?
Images from Martin Borjesson, .Mariza., Dave Catchpole and Leticia Smania Donanzan via Flickr.
The following two tabs change content below.
Originally from the quaint city of Canterbury, Katrina now lives in West London and enjoys going to the West End, trying new foods and watching her long suffering Arsenal FC play at the Emirates stadium.
Latest posts by Katrina Holmes (see all)
- 10 Fun and Thrilling Alternative Things to Do in London - 16th April 2019
- Walking into Animal Paradise at ZSL London Zoo - 16th April 2019
- The 3 Typically British Events You Can’t Miss Out on This Summer - 28th March 2019
- Explore London Like Never Before with Our Bike Tours - 28th March 2019