So you’ve booked your tickets for the London Eye and the excitement is starting to build! You should be counting down the days because this is no ordinary Ferris wheel. In fact, it isn’t a Ferris wheel at all! This much-loved big wheel is the world’s tallest cantilevered observation wheel, boasting 32 roomy glass capsules (one for each London borough) and stretching 135 metres above the River Thames.
A ride on the London Eye is an amazing experience year-round and essential part of any visit to London! Take a look at some of the ways you can get the most out of your ride.
1. Take some time to just stand and look. Photographs of special experiences are priceless, but make sure you spend a few minutes soaking up the sights without peering through a lens!
2. Move around the capsule. The London Eye gives a fantastic 360 degree view of the city, but you’ll have to do a circle of the roomy capsule to get the full viewing experience. Use the interactive guides on-board your capsule for information on 55 top London landmarks!
3. Don’t worry about the weather. It’s still a fantastic experience and perfectly safe come wind, rain or shine!
4. Spend some near the London Eye before or after your flight. It’s located on the South Bank of the River Thames and is near some other popular attractions including the Sea Life London Aquarium and the London Dungeon.
Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament are just a short stroll across the river and the South Bank area is packed with restaurants – some of which have lovely views. The nearest Tube station to the London Eye is Westminster.
If you haven’t booked tickets to the London Eye but want to know a bit more about the exceptional packages on offer, feel free to check out the fantastic range of London Eye tickets. Whether you’re looking for a romantic champagne experience with your loved one, somewhere to take the kids during half term or want to combine a spin with another top attraction at a great price, you’ll be spoilt for choice during your visit to London.
Don’t forget to share your magical pictures with us on Instagram @goldentoursuk!
- Exploring London: Windsor Castle Edition With Golden Tours
- The Ultimate Guide to Hyde Park’s Winter Wonderland
- Things To Do on New Year’s Eve in London
- A Complete Guide to Christmas in London
- Family Fun – 7 Great Christmas Activities for Kids in London