Splendour of Paris with Eiffel Tower & Versailles
Activity code: 88
- Relax in reserved Eurostar seats
- Escorted by an expert guide in Paris
- Entry to the Eiffel Tower (2nd floor)
- Entry and transportation to Versailles
- Complimentary map of Paris
- Upgrade to Standard Premier which includes breakfast, a light meal and refreshments served to your Eurostar seat
2 hours and 15 minutes later you'll be in the city of Paris at the Gare du Nord station. Our expert guide will meet you at the station and you'll begin your Parisian adventure with a panoramic tour of one of Europes 'most iconic cities.
First stop the Eiffel Tower, one of the most recognised architectural structures in the world. Completed in 1889, the 337ft structure is not simply decorative. Two restaurants, a champagne bar and a macaron bar are hidden in the tower, as well as an apartment previously used by chief engineer Gustave Eiffel to entertain guests, now open to the public. Take in breathtaking panoramic views of Paris including the River Seine, Montmartre, The Louvre, The Grand Palace, and Champs Elysees.
The next stop is the Palace of Versailles, for which transport is already organised. Opulence and extravagance personified, The Chateau de Versailles was commissioned by Louis XIV in the 17th century. The palace takes up an area of over eight kilometres and was home to prominent French figures such as Mary Antoinette and occasionally Napoleon Bonaparte. Possibly the most iconic is the Galerie des Glaces (Hall of Mirrors), King Louis XIV's ballroom filled with ceiling high mirrors reflecting the sunlight to give the hall a golden colour with extravagant chandeliers lining the painted ceiling. The hall was also the site of the signing of the Treaty of Versailles that ended World War I on 28 June 1919. The audio-guided tour also includes a walk through the magnificent gardens, except during The Musical Fountain Display on Saturdays and public holidays
After a culturally rich day exploring some of the most iconic monuments in one of the most famous cities in the world, your guide will escort you back to the Gare du Nord. You'll get the 8.13pm Eurostar which gets in at 9.49pm to St. Pancras. So just sit back and relax!
Upgrade to Standard Premier on Eurostar
Please choose between Standard or Standard Premier in the drop down menu above. Eurostar Standard Premier option has a whole load of benefits including a light meal served at your seat, while perusing complimentary magazines and charging your phone or tablet. Spacious seats and a generous luggage allowance of 2 bags around 85cm long and one small piece of hand luggage, make this the most luxurious way to travel.
What you get
What you don't get
- You must bring a valid passport which you will need to take to the check-in desk.
- Please check visa requirements before travel
- Tickets will be printed out with the lead passengers name
- 100% charges apply on this tour, unfortunately once booked it cannot be cancelled
- Golden Tours cannot be held liable for delays to Eurostar trains
- Train seats are allocated on a first come first serve basis and sadly we cannot guarantee that they will be together
November to February: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Meeting Time: 6:00am (5:30am on Saturdays), please arrive at least 10 minutes before the time stated
Departure Point: St. Pancras International Station
Monday to Friday:
Check In: 06:00am
Departure From London: 07:01am
Return To London: 20:13pm
Check In: 05:30am
Departure From London: 06:18am
Return To London: 20:13pm
On certain days, there will be slight changes to Eurostar departure times. Please see below in case these changes affect your inbound or outbound travel.