Activity code: BT
- Walk the Bridge 42 Metre High Walkway
- Step onto the spectacular glass floor
- Learn the History of Tower Bridge
- Visit the Victorian Engine Rooms
Discover the History of Tower Bridge
As one of London’s most famous landmarks, Tower Bridge is bursting at the seams with rich and fascinating history to learn and discover. During your trip to the Bridge, you’ll get to find out all as you wander the walkway and immerse yourself in the interactive displays and unique exhibitions.
One of the most famous attributes of Tower Bridge is its exquisite glass floor. Test your nerves as you walk across the high level walkway, giving you sensational views of London’s famous locations and landmarks. At 42 metres above the Thames, you’ll get to soak in sights of Sir Christopher Wren’s masterpiece and the venue of Prince Charles and Princess Diana’s royal wedding – St Paul’s Cathedral, the historic Greenwich and of course, the world-famous London Eye.
Victorian Engine Rooms
Travel back in time to the Victorian age as you discover the fascinating Victorian Engine Rooms. With original steam engines that raised the bascules of the bridge to explore, you’ll get to ignite your senses with what it was like back in the day.
- Saturday 1 October: last admission will be at 15:50, attraction closes 16:50
- Wednesday 5 October and Saturday 8 October last admission will be at 16:30, attraction closes 17:30
- Sunday 3rd of October Tower Bridge will operating with reduced capacity from 9am to 12:10pm due to the London Marathon taking place.
- On the 3rd Saturday of every month Tower Bridge opens its doors early for those who prefer quieter spaces, such as those with autism, Aspergers and anxiety, as well as their siblings, families and carers. Entry to Tower Bridge is closed between 10:30am to 11:30am
- Tower Bridge is closed between 24 - 26 December and open from 10:00am on 1 January.
Tower Bridge, Tower Bridge Road, London, SE1 2UP
Nearest Train Station: London Bridge, Fenchurch Street or Tower Gateway DLR
Nearest Underground: Tower Hill or London Bridge
Bus Routes: 15, 42, 78,100, RV1
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.
Tower Bridge Open daily: 09:30 to 18:00 (last admission at 17:00)