Westminster Abbey Tickets
Activity code: WA
- Westminster Abbey is one of London’s most iconic landmarks
- The Abbey has more than a thousand years of history
- Experience the exquisite gothic architecture
- The final resting place of 17 monarchs
- See the Coronation Chair, Poets’ Corner and the stunning Lady Chapel
Westminster Abbey is one of London’s most iconic buildings. It was originally called the Collegiate Church of Saint Peter at Westminster, and can be found on Parliament Square, next to the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. It is a large Gothic abbey church and is a traditional place of coronation. It's also the burial site for 17 of the UK’s monarchs and 8 former prime Ministers. This royal church offers daily services for all and is a World Heritage Site with over a thousand years of history.
Created for King Edward I in 1296, the chair has been the seat for the crowning of every monarch since 1308, including Queen Victoria and our current reigning King, HRH Elizabeth II. It is the oldest piece of furniture in the UK that is still used for its original intention.
The literary corner of the Abbey is named due to the large amount of poets and writers buried there, including Geoffrey Chaucer, Charles Dickens, Rudyard Kipling and Thomas Hardy, as well as many memorial stones and busts dedicated to the likes of Shakespeare and loved Scottish poet Robert Burns.
Westminster Abbey has been the coronation church since 1066 and 17 monarchs are buried there. The Abbey was also the place where William and Kate tied the knot in 2011.
The multimedia guide is included in the price of your entry ticket and will be given to you upon arrival at the Abbey.
- In order to gain entrance to Westminster Abbey you must print your ticket - all redeemable tickets/vouchers must be printed and exchanged at the entry.
- Guests can visit the Abbey at any time. Please see the schedule for opening hours.
- A security search exists on entry for all visitors.
- Westminster Abbey is a working church and subject to occasional closures due to special services and events – please check the website for further details.