Simply Windsor Castle - Afternoon Tour
- Visit the King’s royal residence
- Peek inside the Windsor Castle State Rooms
- Wander around St George’s Chapel, the setting of many royal weddings
- Travel to and from the town in a luxury air-conditioned vehicle
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- Cancel bookings up to 24 hours before travel to receive a full refund.
- This tour is unescorted and you will spend approximately 2 hours inside the castle.
- St George’s Chapel closes at 16:00. We advise you to ensure that this is one of the first places you visit upon arrival. The Chapel is also closed to visitors every Sunday but worshippers are welcome to attend services.
- *During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used.
- Due lift maintenance, the walk from Windsor coach park to the Castle will include the use of some stairs.
- Please see the schedule tab for full timings.
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day. To see our health and safety policy, click here.
Visit Windsor Castle — the oldest and largest occupied castle in world. The castle has been home to the British monarchy for over 900 years and makes for a glorious day out.
Explore the lavish State Rooms and see impressive artwork hanging on the walls from celebrated painters Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci! During the tour you’ll also visit St George’s Chapel — the resting place for many past monarchs, including Henry VIII and his favourite wife Jane Seymour, the Queen Mother, Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth II. See the memorials and spend some quiet time wandering around this traditional chapel.
Built in the 11th century by William the Conqueror, this sprawling fortress covering an area of 13 acres and overlooking the charming town of Windsor is a must-visit on any trip to the UK!
April 2023 to October 2023:
Check-in times: 12:45pm
Departure times: 1:00pm
Return time: approx. 5:30pm
November 2023 to March 2024:
Check-in times: 11:30am
Departure times: 11:45am
Return time: approx. 5:00pm
Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SR (Victoria)
what3words location: eager.play.forks
Directions from Victoria Station to Bulleid Way: Exit Victoria Station via the Buckingham Palace Road Entrance, to the right of the Gatwick Express platforms. Turn left and walk down Buckingham Palace Road until you reach the first main junction. When it’s safe to do so, cross the road at the traffic lights and turn left. Walk around 20 yards, before turning right into Bulleid Way. Your coach will NOT depart from Victoria Coach Station.
Return point: Gloucester Road - This station is in Zone 1 and is three stops Eastbound on the Circle Line or the District Line to Victoria. The Piccadilly Line also runs through Gloucester Road, and is only 5 stops to Piccadilly Circus.
Windsor Castle closures: As Windsor Castle is a working royal palace, sometimes the entire Castle or the State Apartments within the Castle need to be closed at short notice.
- 25 and 26 December – Castle completely closed.
- 11 - 15 January 2024 - Castle closed
- 29 March 2024 - Castle closed
Windsor castle is closed on 26th of December so we will be operating a walking tour of Windsor instead.
When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Drawings Gallery will continue to be open.
St. George’s Chapel
- St. George’s Chapel is usually closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services.
- Monday, 4 December 2023 - St George's Chapel closing 13:00
- Friday, 8 December 2023 - St George's Chapel opening 11:00
- Saturday, 23 December 2023 - St George's Chapel closing 13:00