SEA LIFE Birmingham
- Meet the UK’s first Sea Otters and the only 360-degree Ocean Tunnel at SEA LIFE
- See over 2,000 creatures including sharks, rays, tropical fish and Gentoo Penguins
- Enjoy learning about marine life
- Great day out for kids of all ages
- The tour may be amended or cancelled 48 hours prior to the date of visit.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
Marvel at the jellyfish, colourful clownfish, starfish, piranhas, seahorses and more at the National SEA LIFE Centre Birmingham.
Explore the UK’s only 360-degree Ocean Tunnel where you can delve into the underwater world and discover incredible creatures. Marvel at the sharks swimming overhead and underneath, the variety of rays and hundreds of tropical fish. It’s also home to Molokai (or Mo as he’s known), a Green Turtle that was rescued at Heathrow Airport from a lady trying to smuggle him in via her handbag! Mo is over 20 stone and only likes to eat broccoli, lettuce and kale.
As you venture into the Marine Mammal facility, you’ll meet the UK’s first sea otters, Ozzy and Ola. Their epic journey to Birmingham began in Alaska, where they were rescued, and after many applications and permission from the United States Fishing & Wildlife Service, they arrived in the UK in 2020 as part of a pioneering education and conservation project.
Travel to the Antarctic with the Penguin Ice Adventure to see the lovable Gentoo Penguins. Watch how they splash and goof about in the freezing waters and tend to their nests on land. Look out for Prince and Hyacinth’s rare baby Gentoo penguin born at the centre!
SEA LIFE Birmingham, The Water's Edge, Eleven Brindley Place, Birmingham B1 2HL