Hop-on Hop-off London Bus Tour and Westminster Abbey
- See the very best of London on our open top bus tour through the city
- Hop-on hop-off at you leisure for either 1 day, 24 or 48 hours
- See Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, the Shard & more
- Venture inside one of the UK’s best-loved landmarks – Westminster Abbey
- See the Coronation Chair, Poets’ Corner and much more
- Soak in sights of the city with a sightseeing cruise along the Thames
- Audio Guides on the Bus in:
Please Note For Westminster Abbey:
- In order to gain entrance to Westminster Abbey you must print your ticket - all redeemable tickets/vouchers must be printed and exchanged at the entry.
- Guests can visit the Abbey at any time. Please see the schedule for opening hours.
- A security search exists on entry for all visitors.
- Westminster Abbey is a working church and subject to occasional closures due to special services and events – please check the website for further details.
- *River cruise valid for a one-way journey and only applicable with the 24 or 48 hour bus ticket.
- Audio guides in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Hindi, Japanese and Arabic.
Steeped in an incredible 1000 years worth of history, the gothic interior of Westminster Abbey does not disappoint. Stained glass, exquisite ceilings, beautiful decoration and ornate furniture, it is truly awe-inspiring inside.
The resting place for an impressive 17 monarchs, Westminster Abbey is also home to the oldest piece of furniture in the world that is still used for its original purpose. The Coronation Chair was built in 1296 and is still used to crown UK monarchs.
Remember to visit Poets’ Corner, a section of the Abbey dedicated to poets, writers and playwrights that have influenced English literature throughout the years. Charles Dickens, Rudyard Kipling and Thomas Hardy are all buried in this area.
You will also have the use of an audio guide to ensure that you don't miss out on any of the history.
Hop on Hop off Bus Tour
With your hop-on hop-off ticket, you’ll have plenty of time to explore the whole of Central London. Cruise past Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Hyde Park, Marble Arch, St Paul’s Cathedral, Tower Bridge and so much more, hopping on and off when you want.
Our four different routes and more than multiple stops cover all the main tourist sites and famous landmarks and our handy on-board audio guide comes with eight different languages – English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Portuguese and Chinese. Travel around the city for two whole days, taking in the beautiful monuments, buildings, shopping districts and natural landscape that the diverse and exciting city of London has to offer!
- The Classic Tour (Blue route): Taking you to all the main Central London landmarks, passing Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, Tower of London, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and much more.
- The Essential Tour (Red route): Explore the centre and North of London. Covering Hyde Park, Regents Park, London Zoo, Madame Tussauds and Kings Cross, as well as many of the Central ‘must-sees’.
- The Museum Tour (Orange Route): Spend the day discovering London’s iconic museums such as the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and V&A Museum as well as the Royal Albert Hall, Harrods and Buckingham Palace.
- The Morning and Evening Drop off Service (Yellow and Green routes): The morning and late afternoon drop-off services conveniently transport you from the hotel region of West London, into the centre. Making your day as effortless and enjoyable as possible.
River Thames Boat Ride* with 24 or 48 hour Bus Ticket
Enjoy an enthralling sightseeing cruise along the heart of London’s River Thames with this one-way boat ride. Choose to depart from Westminster or Tower Millennium Pier and soak in panoramic views of the capital’s most iconic landmarks for a sightseeing experience like no other! Discover fascinating facts as you cruise with live commentary from the captain or audio guide.
Free Walking Tours
Discover the history of London with a Jack The Ripper Walking Tour and/or the Coronation Walking Tour. Learn about King Charles’ Coronation and sites frequented by members of the royal family. Or why not travel back to Victorian London to uncover the morbid mystery surrounding Jack the Ripper and the locations of his murders and clues.
Westminster Abbey Visiting Times:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – 09.30 to 15.30
Wednesday – 09.30 to 18:00
Saturday – 09.30 to 13:00
Sunday - closed
The Abbey closes for visiting one hour after the above times.
Guests are free to visit the Abbey at any time of the day that the ticket is valid for.
- Monday to Friday: Due to daily service there will be no entry between 12:00pm to 1:00pm. However visitors already in the Abbey do not need to leave during this time.
- The Abbey is a fully working church therefore we are subject to closures at short notice.
Hop-on Hop-off Services Run Daily
English speaking live guides operate on many of our open top buses. To guarantee travelling with a live guide for a complete loop, please board the bus at stop 77, London Eye, Belvedere Road, SE1 7GH on the hour.
Every 20 mins on the Red and Blue routes. Every 30 mins on the Orange route.
You can join the tour from any of our multiple stops. Each of our stops will be clearly signposted with the words Golden Tours sitting below the Transport for London bus stop logo. Each bus stop will also display its stop number. Bus stop numbers can be found in the timetable link;
Known events or delays that may impact the service: Click here to view the latest service information
Boat Ride operated by City Cruises.
Boats leave every 30 minutes from:
Westminster Pier, Victoria Embankment, London SW1A 2JH
Tower Millennium Pier, Lower Thames St, London EC3N 4DT
The boat cruise is approx. 30 minutes in duration.
Jack the Ripper Walking Tour
Start time: 3:30pm daily (Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time)
Finish time: 5pm
Departure Point and Directions: Exit Tower Hill Station, London and wait at the Ice Cream Refreshments stand next to the station exit
Return Location: Near Liverpool Street Underground Station
Royal Walking Tour
Start time: 10am daily (Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time)
Departure Point: Tourist Bus Stop outside The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace, Buckingham Gate, SW1A 1AA (Nearest underground station: Victoria and Green Park)
Return Point: Westminster Abbey (Nearest underground station: Westminster Station)