Windsor Castle, Oxford and Stonehenge tour
Activity code: 228
- Explore the royal wedding venue of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle
- Discover St George’s Chapel, Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and the royal State rooms
- Visit the 5,000 year old Neolithic stones at the world-famous Stonehenge
- Soak in the history of one of the UK’s oldest cities with a walking tour of Oxford
- Return transportation on a luxury coach included
- Cancelled bookings up to 24 hours before travel receive a full refund
It’s hard to believe that the imposing Windsor Castle is a working residence, but pay a visit to this lavish fortress and you’ll soon discover why it’s still the Queen’s favourite weekend home! Overlooking the Thames and a stone’s throw away from Windsor town, the castle has been a fixture on the landscape for almost 1000 years. During this visit you will be able to peek inside the luxurious State Apartments, where 39 monarchs have lived over the years since the castle was built. Keep your eyes open for priceless artwork on the walls by Leonardo da Vinci and Rembrandt!
You will also see the Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House, a beautiful model royal home that features electricity, running water and working lifts – every young Queen’s dream!
Spy the mysterious Stonehenge as you approach Salisbury Plain – you’ll be able to get up close to the 5,000 year old monument during this visit to the stones. Sitting strikingly on the landscape, Stonehenge’s origins have puzzled experts for hundreds of years, so make up your own mind and solve the mystery yourself!
Walking Tour of Oxford
Stroll through quaint cobbled streets and get a real feel for the historic city of Oxford during this guided walking tour. Oxford University is the oldest university in the English-speaking world, and gifted alumni include T S Eliot, Hugh Grant and Bill Clinton! You’ll see the famous 17th century Bodleian Library, a huge library packed with research and literature. Continue your history lesson with a wander through the college courtyards – these charming squares can be found dotted throughout the city!
You can select which entry tickets to add to your booking by selecting the different options in the panel that displays the dates and prices. The above content is applicable if all entires are selected.
Estimated arrival time back to London is around 7.00pm.
Whats Included in the tour
- To see our social distancing and health and safety policy, click here
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- Windsor Castle is a working royal palace and planned closures/disruptions may be subject to change. Please view the Schedule tab above for full information on closures.
- During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used.
- When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and the Drawings Gallery will continue to be open.
- *Enjoy a 25% discount off Stonehenge guidebooks. Valid until 31st March 2021. Show your given wristband to get the discount.
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
Days of departure: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Check-in time: 8:00am
Departure time: 8:30am
Return time: approx. 7:00pm
Departure point: Golden Tours Visitor Centre, Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
Return Point: Due to legal working hour’s restrictions for our drivers, this tour will finish within a 2 or 3 minute walk of Gloucester Road Underground Station. This station is in Zone 1 and is three stops Eastbound on the Circle Line or the District Line to Victoria. The Piccadilly Line also runs through Gloucester Road, and is only 5 stops to Piccadilly Circus.
Windsor Castle closures:
- 25 and 26 December – Castle completely closed.
When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and the Drawings Gallery will continue to be open.
St. George’s Chapel
- 23 and 24 December – closes at 1:00pm.
St. George’s Chapel is usually closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services.
|Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||SW1W 9SH||08:00:00|