Windsor Castle, Oxford and Stonehenge tour
Activity code: 228
- Explore the royal wedding venue of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle
- Discover St George’s Chapel and the royal State rooms
- Visit the 5,000 year old Neolithic stones at the world-famous Stonehenge
- Soak in the history of one of the UK’s oldest cities with a walking tour of Oxford
It’s hard to believe that the imposing Windsor Castle is a working royal residence but pay a visit to this lavish fortress and you’ll soon discover why it’s still the Queen’s favourite weekend home! Overlooking the Thames and a stone’s throw away from Windsor town, the castle has been a fixture on the landscape for almost 1000 years. During this visit you’ll be able to peek inside the luxurious State Apartments, where 39 monarchs have lived since the castle was built. Keep your eyes open for priceless artwork on the walls by Leonardo da Vinci and Rembrandt!
Spy the mysterious Stonehenge as you approach Salisbury Plain — you’ll be able to get up close to the 5,000-year-old monument during this visit to the stones. Sitting strikingly on the landscape, Stonehenge’s origins have puzzled experts for hundreds of years, so make up your own mind and solve the mystery yourself!
Walking Tour of Oxford
Stroll through the quaint cobbled streets of Oxford and get a real feel for the historic city during this guided walking tour. See the oldest university in the English-speaking world, Oxford University, whose gifted alumni include T. S. Eliot, Hugh Grant and Bill Clinton! Wander through the charming college courtyards, which can be found dotted throughout the city, and see the famous 17th century Bodleian Library, a huge library packed with research and literature.
Estimated arrival time back to London is around 7.00pm.
Download the free ‘Stonehenge Audio Tour’ in advance (English only) from the App store.
Windsor Castle is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. A guided walking tour will operate instead.
- To see our enhanced safety measures click here.
- Windsor Castle is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. A guided walking tour will operate instead.
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- Cancel bookings up to 24 hours before travel to receive a full refund.
- Windsor Castle is a working royal palace and planned closures/disruptions may be subject to change. Please view the Schedule tab above for full information on closures.
- During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used.
- When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and the Drawings Gallery will continue to be open.
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day.
- *Enjoy a 25% discount off Stonehenge guidebooks. Show your given wristband to get the discount.
Check-in time: 7:30am
Departure time: 8:00am
Departure point: Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
what3words location: eager.play.forks
Directions from Victoria Station to Bulleid Way: Exit Victoria Station via the Buckingham Palace Road Entrance, to the right of the Gatwick Express platforms. Turn left and walk down Buckingham Palace Road until you reach the first main junction. When it’s safe to do so, cross the road at the traffic lights and turn left. Walk around 20 yards, before turning right into Bulleid Way. Your coach will NOT depart from Victoria Coach Station.
Return time: approx. 7:00pm