Leeds Castle, Canterbury, Dover & Greenwich River Boat Ride
Activity code: 10
- Enjoy a private visit to Leeds Castle, ‘the loveliest castle in the world’
- Embark on an exclusive Mead Tour at the famous Gatehouse
- Visit one of the oldest Christian structures in the UK, Canterbury Cathedral
- See the tomb of Thomas Becket and see spectacular stained glass windows
- See the White Cliffs of Dover and Dover Castle as you drive through Kent
- See the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich before enjoying a Thames boat ride
- This tour operates in English, Mandarin, Japanese and Spanish
- Cancelled bookings up to 24 hours before travel receive a full refund
You couldn’t imagine a castle in a more beautiful setting! Surrounded by 500 acres of parkland and a glossy lake, Leeds Castle used to be an idyllic haven for the royals – Henry VIII once lived here with Catherine of Aragon. During this private visit, your tour guide will show you how the Tudors lived at the spectacular fortress.
The medieval city of Canterbury is dominated by its breathtaking cathedral – it’s the oldest in England and considered to be the centre of English Christianity. You’ll visit the towering cathedral and be able to follow in the footsteps of pilgrims that flocked to the church following Thomas Becket’s gruesome murder in 1170. The gothic building hides many visual treasures, from the colourful stained glass windows to the creepy crypt.
The striking gateway to England, the White Cliffs of Dover have stood loyally throughout invasions and two world wars! Get your cameras ready as we pause for a photo stop at this stunning stretch of coastline. Movie buffs will also enjoy seeing Dover Castle – a medieval fortress that portrayed the Tower of London in Hollywood film ‘The Other Boleyn Girl’!
After Dover, you’ll head south of the River Thames to Greenwich! This World Heritage Site is full to the brim with fascinating maritime history – legendary tea clipper ship Cutty Sark is moored here. You will also see the fabulous Christopher Wren-designed Old Royal Naval College.
River Thames Boat Ride
End your day on a relaxing note and see some top London landmarks during this River Thames boat ride. You’ll float past iconic Tower Bridge and the soaring St Paul’s Cathedral along the route, before disembarking at Embankment Pier.
This tour will finish at Embankment Pier in London at around 6.30pm.
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- To see our social distancing and health and safety policy, click here
- Further to the latest UK government announcement, you must wear a face covering (unless exempt) for entry into this experience. You will be refused entry without one.
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- *During Peak Periods, Additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi May Be Used.
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
Days of Departure:
1 April to 30 September: Daily
1 October to 31 March: Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
Departure point: Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
Return Point: The coach part of your tour will end in Greenwich as you embark on your River Thames boat ride before disembarking at Embankment pier, where your day trip will end. Embankment Pier is just over the road from Embankment Underground station, where the District, Circle and Bakerloo lines go through, or just over the bridge from the vibrant South Bank area.
Golden Tours Visitors Centre, Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
Tel: +44 (0)20 7233 7030