The Queen's Gallery
Activity code: QG
- See artefacts actually owned and used by members of the Royal Family and previous monarchs
- Statues, paintings, furniture, crockery and trinkets made by artisans throughout history
- Over 450 royal objects
- The gallery is inside the iconic Buckingham Palace
- Get access to seasonal exhibitions with this ticket
A public art gallery situated inside the grounds of Buckingham Palace, the Queen’s Gallery is home to the Royal Collection of artisanal artefacts, furniture, artworks and trinkets all previously owned by members of the Royal Family.
Located in a former chapel bombed during WWII, the Queen’s Gallery was first opened in 1962 and today has up to 450 priceless pieces on display. Come and marvel at the opulence of the Royals, and witness the incredible skills of the craftspeople working for them.
Masterpieces from Buckingham Palace 17 May 2021 - 31 January 2022
This latest exhibition brings together some of the most important paintings from the actual Picture Gallery at Buckingham Palace. The architect, John Nash originally designed the room for George IV to display his collection of Dutch, Flemish and Italian Old Master paintings. Artists represented in the exhibition include Titian, Guercino, Guido Reni, Vermeer, Rembrandt, van Dyck, Rubens, Jan Steen, Claude and Canaletto.
- All visitors over the age of 16 must download the NHS COVID-19 app before your visit. You are required to scan the NHS QR code on entry, or provide your name and contact details on arrival. This info will be kept securely for 21 days and will be provided to the NHS if requested.
- You must ensure that you have a printed copy of your ticket's for entry.
- The Queen's Gallery operates a timed-ticket system, with admission every 15 minutes throughout the day.
- You do not need to book a specific time. You will be admitted in the next available time slot.
- Over busy periods and bank holidays there may be a longer wait than usual to gain admission
- A typical visit lasts between 1 and 1½ hours.
- Please arrive 15 min before your schedule time.
The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace, SW1A 1AA
Nearest Train Station: Victoria
Nearest Underground: Victoria, Green Park or Hyde Park Corner
Bus Routes: 11, 211, C1 or C10
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.
Opening times 2021
Thursday to Monday, 11:00 – 17:30 (last admission 16:30)
Masterpieces of Buckingham Palace 17 May 2021 - 31 January 2022
- Gallery closing early 24 December (last admission 14:45, closes 16:00)
- 25 – 26 December 2020