The Queen's Gallery
Activity code: QG
- See artefacts owned and used by members of the Royal Family and previous monarchs
- Statues, paintings, furniture, crockery and trinkets made by artisans throughout history
- Over 450 royal objects
- The gallery is inside the iconic Buckingham Palace
- Get access to seasonal exhibitions with this ticket
A public art gallery situated inside the grounds of Buckingham Palace, the Queen’s Gallery is home to the Royal Collection of artisanal artefacts, furniture, artworks and trinkets all previously owned by members of the Royal Family.
Located in a former chapel bombed during WWII, the Queen’s Gallery was first opened in 1962 and today has up to 450 priceless pieces on display. Come and marvel at the opulence of the Royals, and witness the incredible skills of the craftspeople working for them.
Japan: Courts and Culture (until 26 February 2023)
For the first time some of the most significant examples of Japanese art and design in the western world will be on display at The Queen's Gallery. You will see rare pieces of porcelain and lacquer, samurai armour, embroidered screens and diplomatic gifts from the reigns of James I through to Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II. This exhibition brings together the story of over 300 years of diplomatic, artistic and cultural exchanges between the British and Japanese royal and imperial families, offering a unique insight into the worlds of ritual, honour and artistry linking the courts and cultures of Britain and Japan.
Style & Society: Dressing the Georgians (21 April – 8 Oct 2023)
From the practical dress of the laundry maids to the dazzling gowns worn at court, discover the fashion of the 18th century Georgians with a Royal Collection of paintings, prints and drawings. Alongside the works from artists including Gainsborough, Zoffany and Hogarth, see textiles, jewellery, swords and more!
- You must ensure that you have a printed copy of your ticket's for entry.
- The Queen's Gallery operates a timed-ticket system, with admission every 15 minutes throughout the day.
- You do not need to book a specific time. You will be admitted in the next available time slot.
- Over busy periods and bank holidays there may be a longer wait than usual to gain admission.
- A typical visit lasts between 1 and 1½ hours.
- Please arrive 15 mins before your schedule time.
- The Gallery will be closed from 27th February to 20th April 2023.
The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace, SW1A 1AA
Nearest Train Station: Victoria
Nearest Underground: Victoria, Green Park or Hyde Park Corner
Bus Routes: 11, 211, C1 or C10
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.