The Queen's Gallery
Activity code: QG
- See artefacts actually owned and used by members of the Royal Family and previous monarchs
- Statues, paintings, furniture, crockery and trinkets made by artisans throughout history
- Over 450 royal objects
- The gallery is inside the iconic Buckingham Palace
- Get access to seasonal exhibitions with this ticket
A public art gallery situated inside the grounds of Buckingham Palace, the Queen’s Gallery is home to the Royal Collection of artisanal artefacts, furniture, artworks and trinkets all previously owned by members of the Royal Family.
Located in a former chapel bombed during WWII, the Queen’s Gallery was first opened in 1962 and today has up to 450 priceless pieces on display. Come and marvel at the opulence of the Royals, and witness the incredible skills of the craftspeople working for them.George IV: Art & Spectacle - Until 3rd May 2020
The Regency Period was marked by extravagance and lavishness, now known as Regency Style. King George IV, also Prince Regent took an avid interest in architecture and art, and his reign is seen as one of the most magnificent of all the monarchs. From 1820, he purchased paintings, metal-works, textiles, furniture, watercolours, books and ceramics in vast numbers by some of the major artists of the day. This exhibition offers a glittering insight in to the reign of the glorious, yet unpopular monarch.
- The Queen's Gallery operates a timed-ticket system, with admission every 15 minutes throughout the day.
- You do not need to book a specific time. You will be admitted in the next available time slot.
- Over busy periods and bank holidays there may be a longer wait than usual to gain admission
- A typical visit lasts between 1 and 1½ hours.
- Please arrive 15 min before your schedule time.
The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace, SW1A 1AA
Nearest Train Station: Victoria
Nearest Underground: Victoria, Green Park or Hyde Park Corner
Bus Routes: 11, 211, C1 or C10
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.
4 – 31 December 2020
Thursday to Monday, 10:30 – 18:00 (last admission 16:45)
Opening times 2021
Thursday to Monday, 11:00 – 17:30 (last admission 16:30)
Masterpieces of Buckingham Palace 4 December 2020 – February 2022
Gallery closing early 24 December 2020 (last admission 14:45, closes 16:00)
- 12 October – 3 December 2020
- 25 – 26 December 2020