Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, Lacock and Bath
Activity code: 205
- Visit the Queen’s favourite royal residence – Windsor Castle
- Visit the iconic Neolithic stones of Stonehenge
- Explore the beautiful, untouched village of Lacock
- Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of Bath
- Enjoy Completely free of charge
- No need for a printer - E-tickets are accepted on this tour! The hassle-free alternative.
- Enjoy an exclusive 25% discount on guide books at Stonehenge**
- Cancelled bookings up to 24 hours before travel receive a full refund
- This tour operates in English, Spanish and French
We arrive early at Windsor Castle in order to beat the queues that form in Summer, for our visit to Her Majesty The Queen’s favourite weekend residence, the impressive Windsor Castle. Just outside London and a royal home for the past 900 years, wander through the breathtaking State Apartments which include art works by Leonardo Da Vinci and Rembrandt. Visit St George’s Chapel, the resting place of Henry VI.
Visit one of the most mysterious spots in the UK – the magical Stonehenge. The impressive rock formation has stood for the past 5,000 years and their purpose is still hotly disputed to this day. Explore the stones, learn about the history in the visitor centre and make up your own mind!
See Lacock Abbey in Lacock, a beautiful medieval village that is mentioned in the Domesday Book. The Abbey, in the middle of the village, is a quirky country house that was built on the foundations of a nunnery. After your visit to Lacock,head to the final location of the day.
Visit the stunning city of Bath, the first city in the UK to be designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take a 30 minute walking tour, seeing some of the highlights of the city centre and learning about Bath’s rich and colourful history from your experienced and friendly guide.
Estimated arrival time back in London is approximately 8:00pm.
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- To see our enhanced safety measures click here
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- The meeting time is 7:30am sharp, and return at approximately 8pm.
- Windsor Castle is a working royal palace and planned closures/disruptions may be subject to change. Please view the Schedule tab above for full information on closures.
- During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used.
- *Enjoy a 25% discount off Stonehenge guidebooks. Valid until 31st March 2022. Show your given wristband to get the discount
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
- Further to the UK government announcement on 8th December 2021, all experiences will operate as normal. Face coverings are required in Windsor Castle. You will be refused entry without one.
Check-in time: 7:30am
Departure time: 8:00am
Return time: approx. 8:00pm
Departure point: Golden Tours Visitor Centre, Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
Return point: Due to a legal working hour’s restriction for drivers, if your tour arrives back into London after 7:45pm, you will be dropped off at Gloucester Road Underground Station, not Victoria. Your driver will drop you off within a couple of minutes’ walk to Gloucester Road Underground Station. Gloucester Road is in Zone 1 and is three stops on the Circle or District Lines to Victoria. The Piccadilly Line also runs through Gloucester Road, where it is only 5 stops to Piccadilly Circus.
Windsor Castle is open daily throughout the year, with a few exceptions when the Castle is in use for official functions. As a working royal palace, the Castle is used frequently by The Queen for State ceremonies and official entertaining, and closures can occasionally occur at short notice.
Windsor Castle closures:
- 25 and 26 December – Castle completely closed.
St. George’s Chapel
- 23 and 24 December – closes at 1:00pm.
St. George’s Chapel is usually closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services. These occur at the following times:
- 08:30 – Holy Communion
- 10:45 – Mattins and Sermon
- 11:45 – Sung Eucharist
- 17:15 – Evensong