The Cotswolds and Blenheim Palace with Lunch in a Traditional British Pub
Activity code: 16
- Entry to Blenheim Palace - the birth-place of Winston Churchill
- See the pretty Cotswolds villages of Burford and Bourton-on-the-Water
- Travel on a comfortable coach with Wi-Fi
- Delicious two-course lunch in a traditional British pub
- Cancelled bookings up to 24 hours before travel receive a full refund
- No need for a printer - E-tickets are accepted on this tour! The hassle-free alternative
Spend a glorious day in the quintessentially English region of the Cotswolds and leave the fast-paced bustle of London behind you, as you head out for a relaxing one-day fully guided tour.
You will meet your guide at 8:00am at the Golden Tours Visitor Centre for an 8:30am departure time.
A monumental house with 2,000 acres of beautiful parkland, Blenheim Palace is the only non-royal and non-religious country house in England to hold the title of Palace. Built in 1705 and 1722, Blenheim Palace is the birthplace of the 1st Duke of Marlborough’s descendent Winston Churchill whose life and achievements are commemorated in a permanent exhibition in the suite of rooms in which he was born.
See the gorgeous sights of the Cotswolds’ most beautiful villages as you drive through Burford, often called the ‘gateway’ to the Cotswolds, and Bourton-on-the-Water which sits aside the River Windrush, and is known as the Venice of the Cotswolds.
Once you’ve left Bourton-on-the-Water your coach will take you back to London. You’ll reach London at approximately 7:00pm to Victoria or Kensington. Due to legal working hours, if your tour arrives back in London after 7:45pm you will be dropped off at Gloucester Road Underground station, not Victoria. Gloucester Road is three stops on the Circle or District lines to Victoria.
What You Get
What You Don't Get
- To see our social distancing and health and safety policy, click here
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour
- The 2 course lunch has been removed from this tour until further notice.
- During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
Days of Departure: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Check-In time: 8:00am
Departure time: 8:30am
Return Time: 7:00pm approx.
Return Point: Golden Tours Visitors Centre, Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
Due to a legal working hour’s restriction for drivers, if your tour arrives back into London after 7:45pm, you will be dropped off at Gloucester Road Underground Station, not Victoria. Your driver will drop you off within a couple of minutes’ walk to Gloucester Road Underground Station. Gloucester Road is in Zone 1 and is three stops on the Circle or District Lines to Victoria. The Piccadilly Line also runs through Gloucester Road, where it is only 5 stops to Piccadilly Circus.
|Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||SW1W 9SH||08:00:00|