Royal Walking Tour, Changing of the Guard
Activity code: WT1
- Royal Walking Tour through London
- Follow in the footsteps of Britain’s Royals
- See the Changing of the Guards outside Buckingham Palace (when available)
- Visit Queen Elizabeth ii’s preferred off licence & Prince Philip’s barber
- See the Crown Estate and marvel at the Horse Guards
The Royal Walk
Enjoy a leisurely, majestic stroll through the capital visiting several spectacular sites the British Royals are known for.
In this two-hour walking tour, discover the magnificent St James’ Palace which was commissioned by the notorious Henry VIII and now the London residence of Princesses Anne, Beatrice and Alexandra. You’ll of course also visit Buckingham Palace and watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony (when available).
Your expert guide will showcase the famous shops, clubs and churches with a royal history including the Queen’s favourite off-licence and the lucky barber who used to cut Prince Philip’s hair. Did you know that The Queen Mother and Sir Winston Church both bought their cigarettes and cigars from the same tobacconists? This tour features a host of unusual facts and is the perfect way to introduce yourself to the Royal Family.
Other highlights include learning about the history of cream teas at the iconic Fortnum and Mason, seeing the Horse Guards and integral parts of the Crown Estate and visiting Jermyn Street to find out more about Royal Warrants.
- The Guard Change may not be operational in bad weather conditions. On these occasions we will visit the Horse Guards for a photostop instead.