Royal Walking Tour, Changing of the Guard
Activity code: WT1
- Royal Walking Tour through London
- Follow in the footsteps of Britain’s Royals
- See the Changing of the Guards outside Buckingham Palace (when available)
- Take a look at The Queen’s off licence & Prince Philip’s barber
- See the Crown Estate and marvel at the Horseguards
Enjoy a distinguished Royal Walk through the capital; a fun stroll (not a route march) to check out a number of London locations that British Royals are known for. This two hour walking tour will show you some famous shops, clubs, churches and magnificent palaces, including Buckingham Palace and St James’s Palace. Watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony (when available) outside Buckingham Palace as your expert guide tells you all about the history of this iconic tradition.
If you want to find out the location where the Queen buys her alcohol or which lucky barber cuts Prince Philip’s hair, then this tour is for you! Learn about the history of cream teas at the iconic Fortnum and Mason and see integral parts of the Crown Estate
Pick up odd and unusual facts about the everyday lives of the royals – did you know that The Queen Mother and Sir Winston Churchill both bought their cigarettes and cigars from the same tobacconists? This tour is a perfect way to introduce yourself to the capital city and to learn about the Royal Family. Other tour highlights include a visit to Jermyn Street, upon which many establishments hold Royal Warrants – the right to advertise that they supply goods and services to the Royal Family.
The Royal Walking Tour starts at 10.00AM at the Tourism Island, Charing Cross Road (beside the Portrait Gallery). The tour ends 11.30AM – 12.00PM at Westminster Station by Big Ben.
- The Guard Change may not be operational in bad weather conditions. On these occasions we will visit the Horse Guards for a photo stop instead.
- Walking Tour
- Professional Guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food or beverages
- Admission to Westminster Abbey or any other attractions
Available until April 2020
Days of Operation: Mon, Wed, Fri and Sunday
Available until May 2020
Days of Operation: Daily
Departure Point: Golden Tours Visitor Centre - Leicester Square
Nearest Underground Station: Leicester Square Station
Return Point: Westminster Abbey
Nearest Underground Station: Westminster Station