The Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College
Activity code: PHCT
- See the exquisite Baroque designs up close by British artists Sir James Thornhill
- 70 minute experience gives you the chance to experience some of the finest architecture in the country
- Learn of the Painted Hall’s fascinating design and history with an audio guide
- Drop in on talks about the Painted Hall throughout the day for an extra special insight
- Take advantage of the exhibits available to explore the Painted Hall’s creation
This sensational tour shows paintings that represent the accessions to the throne of William III, Mary II and George I as well as the United Kingdom’s historic successes during the 18th century. With over 200 figures represented, there is much to see and discover as you explore one of country’s most breath-taking buildings.
With audio commentary throughout, you’ll get to hear of Sir Christopher Wren’s famous work as well as having the opportunity to drop in on talks about the Painted Hall. Explore one of the many fascinating exhibits and get hands on experience with the treasure chests filled with sensational historic objects.
Your ticket also includes entry to the new Sackler Gallery where you can learn how Thornhill created the Painted Hall and come face to face with many of the gods and heroes represented on this world-famous ceiling!
Housed in the iconic building of the Old Royal Naval College, the Painted Hall is an unmissable visit and for a limited time only, the ceilings tour provides you with the best possible views of some of the greatest artwork the capital has to offer. Don’t miss out!
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- Further to the latest UK government announcement, you must wear a face covering (unless exempt) for entry into this attraction. You will be refused entry without one.
Entry Available: Daily 10:00am – 5:00pm (last entry 4:30pm)
Entry to Grounds Available: Daily 8:00am – 11:00pm
Location: The Painted Hall at the Old Royal Naval College, King William Walk, London, SE10 9NN
Please note the Painted Hall will be fully closed on the following dates:
- Monday 11th July 2022
Please note the Painted Hall will be closing early on the following dates:
- Thursday 26th May 2022 – closing at 3pm
- Wednesday 15th June 2022 – closing at 3pm
- Saturday 18th June 2022 – closing at 3.30pm
- Saturday 25th June 2022 – closing at 3.30pm
- Saturday 16th July 2022 – closing at 3.30pm
- Sunday 17th July 2022 – closing at 4pm
- Saturday 23rd July 2022 – closing at 3.30pm
- Saturday 10th September 2022 – closing at 4pm
- Saturday 17th September 2022 – closing at 3.30pm
- Wednesday 21st September 2022 – closing at 3pm
- Sunday 9th October 2022 – closing at 3.30pm
- Saturday 3rd December 2022 – closing at 3.30pm