Ancient World Multimedia AR Experience
Activity code: LAR
- Enjoy an immersive storytelling experience with AR
- Explore these legendary places as they were thousands of years ago
- Discover stories, myths and legends of ancient cultural sites
- Self-guiding maps with split screen function
- Available in multiple languages with subtitles
Uncover historic legends and ancient cultural heritage sites with Augmented Reality (AR) tours. Lithodomos is providing a breathtakingly immersive storytelling experience to on-site visitors, at-home explorers, researchers and educators to ‘time travel’ at their own pace.
The custom itineraries with self-guiding maps offer 360-degree reconstructions that automatically locate where you are standing. With the split screen function, you’ll be able to see today side-by-side with the past. Years of research and first-hand knowledge from archaeologists mean you’ll get plenty of fun facts, stories, myths and legends in various languages with closed captions.
Standing as a tantalising monument to long lost culture, Stonehenge has always been a source of wonder. It is believed to have held a religious significance, with many theories surrounding the function of the site. The 16 AR viewpoints you’ll see with Lithodomos cover four periods of Stonehenge’s vast history and all take place in the summer sun in mid-afternoon. Will you discover the secret behind how the stones were placed here?
Known as ‘Aquas Sulis’ to the Romans, Bath is one of the most incredible Roman sites in the UK. It provides an insight into the local Celtic religion and the newly arrived Roman gods. The Celts believed the waters were a gift from the god Sulis, and that the natural mineral hot springs had restorative properties. The Romans maintained this belief, pairing Sulis with the Roman goddess Minerva. A statue of Sulis Minerva stood before the temple and alongside the Sacred Spring. The 9 AR viewpoints you’ll see take place in the early 4th century AD, in the evening light of the English summer.
Simply scan the QR code on your voucher to load the experience on your phone and reveal their past right before your very eyes.
Find out how it works here.
Good To Know:
- The multimedia guide is accessible on any device - smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktops, SmartTVs - from anywhere in the world.
- No Apps need to be downloaded.
- Download the guide in 30 seconds before heading out and access it while offline. No personal information is required.
- Subtitles are available in multiple languages.
- Please download the guides before leaving home, in your hotel room or onboard our coaches, so that you do not encounter any download charges. After this, WiFi is not needed, but you still have access to all of the features, so no roaming charges.
Explore at your own pace and in your own way with interactive, self-guiding maps, giving you unmatched archaeological accuracy and life-like realism.