The Royal Mint Experience
Activity code: MINT
- Discover the fascinating history of the coins in your pocket
- A 45-minute tour of The Royal Mint
- Watch British coins being made
- Lift a real gold bar worth £400,000
- See how the London 2012 Olympic gold medals were made
The Royal Mint Experience is the only place in the world where you can watch the United Kingdom’s coins being made. Go behind the scenes to follow the journey of a coin from a blank to a bank in this 45-minute Guided Factory Experience.
Experience the sights and sounds of thousands of glistening new coins, hot off the presses, and get the chance to strike your very own coin.
Wander at your own pace through the Interactive Exhibition, discovering the incredible processes needed to make a coin. Come face to face with British monarchs over the past 1,000 years; test your knowledge of the coins that have been made for countries around the world; get up close to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic medals, and listen to the stories of those whose bravery has been rewarded with the UK’s gallantry and service medals.
What You Get
What You Don’t Get
- This product can be cancelled or amended up to 48 hours before booking
- Full terms and conditions can be found at www.royalmint.com/rme-tcs
Opening times: Friday – Sunday, First tour 10:00am (Open 09:45am), Last tour 3:30pm (Close 5:00pm) Last entry time: 3:30pm
Address: Llantrisant, South Wales
Meeting Point: The Royal Mint Experience Visitor Car Park
Closed 25th and 26th December and closing at 1pm on 24th and 31st December