Stratford-upon-Avon and the Cotswolds without Entrances
Activity code: 17F
- Visit the beautiful Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare
- Stop at two Cotswolds towns – Bibury and Bourton-on-the-Water
- Travel in a luxury air-conditioned coach with free Wi-Fi
- No need for a printer - E-tickets are accepted on this tour
- Cancelled bookings up to 24 hours before travel receive a full refund
- This tour operates in English and Mandarin
Explore the home town of Britain’s most celebrated writer – the influential William Shakespeare. The town is proud of its rich history and there are plenty of houses and cottages that still stand in the half-timbered style. Shakespearean sites are dotted around the town and there is plenty to see, do and learn about.
Rolling hills, babbling brooks, quaint cottages and low bridges, the Cotswolds looks like it has jumped off the pages of a storybook, so remember to bring your camera! The tour takes photostops at two separate Cotswolds villages, Bourton-on-the-Water and Bibury.
Bourton-on-the-Water is often referred to as ‘Little Venice’, due to its low bridges and pretty stone banks and Bibury was once famously called ‘the most beautiful village in England’ by the famed textile artist William Morris.
Anne Hathaway’s Cottage
Have the special experience of visiting Shakespeare’s famous bride Anne Hathaway’s cottage and gardens. An unassuming, quaint thatched farmhouse, this amazing piece of history features many original items of family furniture, including the Hathaway bed. Surrounded by stunning gardens, see where Shakespeare courted his future bride.
After a wonderful day of sightseeing, arrive back to London at the approximate time of 6.30pm.
|What's Included in the tour
||What's Excluded in the tour
- To see our social distancing and health and safety policy, click here
- During peak periods, additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi may be used
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour
- This tour excludes entrances to all attractions
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
Days Of Operation: Thursday & Sunday
Departure Point: Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
Return Point: Golden Tours Visitors Centre, Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH, which is a 3 minute walk to Victoria station.
Due to a legal working hour’s restriction for drivers, if your tour arrives back into London after 7:45pm, you will be dropped off at Gloucester Road Underground Station, not Victoria. Your driver will drop you off within a couple of minutes’ walk to Gloucester Road Underground Station. Gloucester Road is in Zone 1 and is three stops on the Circle or District Lines to Victoria. The Piccadilly Line also runs through Gloucester Road, where it is only 5 stops to Piccadilly Circus.
|Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||SW1W 9SH||08:00:00|