Windsor Boat Trip
Activity code: FBW
- Take a delightful 40-minute cruise from the Windsor Promenade to Boveney Lock and return
- As you take to the waters, you’ll enjoy wonderful views of the historic Windsor Castle
- Enjoy the comfort and tranquillity of a modern passenger boat as you take in the sights
- A marvellous selection of light refreshments are available onboard along with a bar and toilet facilities
Whether you’re enjoying a day trip at Windsor Castle or simply exploring the gorgeous town, this experience is a must. You’ll get to enjoy a beautiful cruise upstream towards Boveney Lock and Weir as you take in sensational views of Windsor Castle from the river.
Fascinating Location and History
Located on the River Thames, Windsor is home to one of the official royal residencies of His Majesty The King – Windsor Castle. Built in the 11th century by the formidable William the Conqueror, it is steeped in rich British history with glorious artwork from the famous Royal Art Collection. The magnificent State Apartments attract visitors from all across the globe year after year. Situated in the delightful town of Windsor, its surroundings are just as exquisite as the castle itself.
40 Minute Cruise
This Windsor Cruise experience gives you a 40 minute tour along the Thames, taking in wonderful and uninterrupted views of Windsor Castle. As you glide along the water, you’ll get to see Eton College which has been attended by a whole host of well-known people including both Prince William and Prince Harry, ex-Prime Minister David Cameron and famous writers Henry Fielding and George Orwell. Other highlights of the cruise include fantastic views of Mill House, Windsor Racecourse and Brocas Meadows. With regular departure times throughout the day, you can work around your own plans and take the cruise at your own leisure.
Wonderful Onboard Experience
Ensuring an enjoyable onboard experience, the comfortable passenger boat offers a selection of light refreshments as you journey along the river. Alternatively, if you’re in the mood for a glass of something extra special, the onboard bar will definitely prove a hit! All boats also come with toilet facilities available.
If you’re looking to take your family aboard, the Home Park situated close by has a wonderful playground and picnic facilities if you’d like to sit down and relax with a bite to eat after your cruise.
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- Once booked, this product cannot be cancelled.
- Scan your e-ticket voucher on the day of travel at: French Brothers Windsor Ticket Office, Windsor Promenade Barry Avenue, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1QX.
- Whilst Windsor has good access with disabled parking nearby, there is no dropping off beside the embarkation point.