- Discover one of the most important centres of early Christianity in Anglo-Saxon England
- Wander around the atmospheric ruins
- Visit the refurbished museum
Lindisfarne Priory, cut off from the world by the tide twice a day, sits on the serene and beautiful Holy Island of Lindisfarne. The priory is famed as the home and original burial ground of St Cuthbert and is still a place of pilgrimage today. Take in panoramic views of the Northumbrian coast, stroll around the priory grounds and take a break from the hustle and bustle of modern life. Visit the richly-decorated, extensive ruins of the Monastic buildings which formed the living quarters of the monks, the remote setting adding to the unique atmosphere of the Priory.
Wander and explore the fascinating history of this site in the visitor centre. With lively interpretation discover the enthralling story of the monks who lived on Holy Island, once one of the most important centres of early Christianity. Learn about the grisly Viking invasions and the part which Henry VIII played in the history of the Priory. Visit this unique island over the tide, get away from it all and experience true island life.
- Please note: The causeway floods at high tide, so it is very important to check the tide times before crossing
- Due to building works, disabled access is limited.
Lindisfarne Priory, Northumberland TD15 2RX
Nearest Train Station: Berwick-upon-Tweed
Bus Routes: 477
(Bus times vary with tides)
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.