Hop-on Hop-off London Bus Tour & St Paul's Cathedral
Activity code: OT5
- Discover London’s most iconic landmarks and locations
- Enjoy panoramic views from the top deck of our open top bus
- Unlimited hop-on hop-off tour. Choose a 1 day, 24 or 48 hour ticket
- See Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London & step inside St Paul’s Cathedral
- Discover London by foot with a free walking tour and cruise the Thames with a free river tour
- Audio guides available on the bus in: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Mandarin, Hindi, Arabic and Japanese
Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
Explore the very best of London with a Hop-on Hop-off open top bus tour. Hop-on or off as much as you like within your chosen timespan, valid from the first time you Hop-on a bus at any of our multiple stops across central London. Sit on the top deck and glide by Christopher Wren’s masterpiece St Pauls Cathedral, the Queen’s London home Buckingham Palace, the historic Tower of London, where Anne Boleyn met her fate. No need for a map as we drop you off on the door step of London’s best attractions, the best way to get the most out of London!
- The Classic Tour (Blue route): Covers all the main Central London sights and visits London’s Museum Quarter.
- The Essential Tour (Red route): Passes Madame Tussauds and Kings Cross, as well as Hyde Park and Regents Park, two of the prettiest parks in London. Operating again from 12th Feb 2022.
- The Pick Up/Drop Off Route (Yellow and Green routes): Operating in the morning and late afternoon, this route travels from the popular hotel districts to Central London.
Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
Explore the very best of London with a Hop-on Hop-off open top bus tour. Hop-on or off as much as you like within 24 hours, valid from the first time you Hop-on a bus at any of our multiple stop across central London. Sit on the top deck and glide by Christopher Wren’s masterpiece St Pauls Cathedral, the Queen’s London home Buckingham Palace, the historic Tower of London, where Anne Boleyn met her fate. No need for a map as we drop you off on the door step of London’s best attractions, the best way to get the most out of London!
St Pauls Cathedral
Enjoy entrance to Christopher Wren’s masterpiece of architecture St Pauls Cathedral. Re-built after being engulfed by the Great Fire of London (1666), Wren’s design was completed in 1711 and has dominated the London skyline ever since. As well as marvelling at the exterior, visitors can step inside and walk under the famous dome, explore the tombs and galleries and the numerous beautiful chapels.Complimentary 24hr Hop-on Hop-off River Boat Ride valid with the 24 and 48 hour bus tickets
See London from a unique perspective on a complimentary hop-on hop-off river boat cruise. Departing from Westminster Pier, you can hop-on or off at any stops all the way to St Katherine's Pier. A live commentary with the captain will give you a comprehensive commentary as you cruise the waves and tickets are valid for 24 hours with unlimited travel within this time.
What You Get
What You Don't Get
- Your bus tour ticket is valid from the moment you get on your first bus
- St Paul’s Cathedral offers complimentary entry for a visitor with a disability and an accompanying carer or necessary companion – these tickets should be requested on arrival
- The Whispering Gallery at St Paul's Cathedral is temporarily closed until further notice
- Your river cruise is valid for unlimited use within 24 hours from when you first hop-on the boat
- Only to be used between Westminster Pier and St Katharine’s Pier
Hop- On Hop- Off Bus
English speaking live guides operate on many of our open top buses. To guarantee travelling with a live guide for a complete loop, please board the bus at stop 77, London Eye, Belvedere Road, SE1 7GH on the hour.
10th January to 11th February 2022:
You can join the tour from any of our multiple stops. Each of our stops will be clearly signposted with the words Golden Tours sitting below the Transport for London bus stop logo. Each bus stop will also display its stop number. Bus stop numbers can be found in the timetable link;
Known events or delays that may impact the service;
Click here to view the latest service information
Free Hop-on Hop-off Boat Ride operated by Thames River Sightseeing.
Boats leave every 30 minutes from:
Westminster Pier (Westminster Pier, Victoria Embankment, London SW1A 2JH)
Embankment Pier (Embankment Pier, Victoria Embankment, London WS2N 6NU)
Festival Pier (Festival Pier, South Bank, London SE1 9PX)
Bankside Pier (Bankside Pier, Bankside, London SE1 9DT)
St Katharine’s Pier - for Tower of London - (St Katharine’s Pier, St Katharine's Way, London E1W 1LD)
Westminster Pier to Tower Bridge Quay and Greenwich Pier 11:00, 11:40, 12:20, 13:00, 13:40, 14:20, 15:00, 15:40, 16:20 & 17:00
Embankment Pier to Tower Bridge Quay and Greenwich Pier 11:05, 11:45, 12:25, 13:05, 13:45, 14:25, 15:05, 15:45, 16:25* & 17:05*
Festival Pier to Tower Bridge Quay and Greenwich Pier 11:10, 11:50, 12:30, 13:10, 13:50, 14:30, 15:10, 15:50, 16:30* & 17:10*
Bankside Pier to Tower Bridge Quay and Greenwich Pier 11:25, 12:05, 12:45, 13:25, 14:05, 14:45, 15:25 16:05 16:45* 17:25*
Tower Bridge Quay to Greenwich Pier 11:40, 12:20, 13:00, 13:40, 14:20, 15:00, 15:40 16:20
Tower Bridge Quay to Westminster Pier 12:40, 13:20, 14:00 14:40, 15:20 16:00 16:40 17:20
Greenwich Pier to Tower Bridge Quay and Westminster Pier 12:10 12:50 13:30 14:10 14:50 15:30 16:10** 16:50**
*These departures are only from Westminster to Tower Bridge Quay returning to Westminster (no Greenwich service)
**(One-Way) – These departures are one-way only without return service to Greenwich
The boat cruise is approx. 30 minutes in duration.
St. Paul's Cathedral
Monday to Saturday
The Cathedral is open to sightseers between 12:00am - 4:30pm (last admission 4:00pm)
The galleries are open to sightseers from 9:30am - 4:15pm (last admission) (Gallery will remain temporarily closed)
Please note that the Cathedral is not open for sightseeing on Sundays.
Special services and events may mean that all or part of the Cathedral are closed either in advance or short notice,