Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle Tour
Activity code: BP9
- Explore King Charles III’s official home Buckingham Palace
- Discover the royal State Rooms, the Throne Room and the Golden Staircase
- Walk through the world-famous Picture Gallery and 42-acre garden
- Visit the largest occupied Castle in the world, Windsor Castle
- See Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and St George’s Chapel
- Return transportation to Windsor on a luxury coach
Discover the charm of two gorgeous royal residences with this package that includes entry to both Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle. You’ll begin by meeting your Golden Tours representative at 9.45am outside the Queens Gallery, Buckingham Palace, London SW1A 1AA. You will not be able to enter the Palace without seeing the rep first.
Special Timed Entry to Buckingham Palace with Multimedia Tour
Visit the official London residence of King Charles III with a special timed entry into the Royal Palace’s magnificent State Rooms. Open for just ten weeks a year, this is a spectacular opportunity you won’t want to miss!
With a multimedia guide included in your visit, you’ll explore the 19 ornately decorated rooms used by The King for State, ceremonial and official occasions. Discover sculptures, the finest furniture and the incredible 47-metre Picture Gallery. See the Music Room where Queen Elizabeth II's eldest children were baptised and the Throne Room, featuring the throne chairs used for Her Majesty’s coronation ceremony in 1953. This unique palace tour ends with a walk through the idyllic south garden before visitors are to make their own way to Victoria for the Windsor Castle portion of the tour, where the coach will depart at 1.45pm.
Discover the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world – Windsor Castle! Founded by William the Conqueror in the 11th century, the Castle has been home to royals for over 900 years and was The Queen’s favourite weekend residence.
During your visit, you’ll get the chance to peek inside the State Apartments, used by the Royal Family to host Heads of State and awards ceremonies, and home to the finest art from the Royal Collection. You’ll marvel at the Semi-State Rooms – the most decorated rooms in the Castle, created for George IV, who also completely remodelled the Castle’s exterior in the 1820s. See Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House, an incredible model home complete with working lifts, running water, electricity and wine bottles, all in miniature! Explore St George’s Chapel – the location of many royal weddings, baptisms and burials, including that of the notorious King Henry VII and his third wife Jane Seymour.
The tour finishes at approximately 6:30pm in Kensington.
This tour is unescorted.
- *During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used.
- Buckingham Palace tickets purchased from Golden Tours cannot be converted into a 1-Year Pass.
- For safety reasons, pushchairs are not permitted in the State Rooms. They must be checked in and reclaimed at the exit. Baby-carriers are available for loan.
- A one-way system operates along the entire visitor route for safety reasons.
- Use of mobile phones are permitted in the Palace garden. Mobile phones must be switched off elsewhere on the visitor route.
- Photography is not permitted inside Buckingham Palace.
- Clients that require mobility access must book directly with Buckingham Palace on (+44) (0)303 123 7324.
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day.
- You may cancel bookings up to 72 hours before travel to receive a full refund.