Dickensian Christmas in Canterbury, Dover & Greenwich with Traditional Christmas Lunch
Activity code: 11C
- Have an extra special Christmas Day at Canterbury Cathedral by attending the Christmas ‘Sung Eucharist’ service
- Enjoy a delicious, traditional Christmas lunch
- Photo stop at the incredible White Cliffs of Dover
- Drive past the charming maritime area of Greenwich
- Led by an expert guide throughout to give you an experience like no other
- Complimentary hotel pick up service available
- No need for a printer - E-tickets are accepted on this tour! The hassle-free alternative.
Begin your classically British Christmas Day with a drive through the beautiful Kent countryside. After an idyllic journey through the quiet roads, you’ll reach Canterbury Cathedral to attend the special Christmas “Sung Eucharist” service. The cathedral’s spectacular architecture and a likely appearance by the Archbishop of Canterbury have made this service an exceptional Christmas Day tradition.
Traditional Christmas Lunch!
This Christmas Day outing promises to be truly unforgettable with a traditional three-course Christmas lunch. Soak up the wonderfully festive atmosphere while enjoying lunch, accompanied by a glass of wine and a choice of tea or coffee to finish.
White Cliffs of Dover
Following lunch, you will have a photo stop by the famous White Cliffs of Dover. Overlooking the English Channel, the cliffs have welcomed a number of visitors to Britain’s shores and have been used for defence – the rugged coastline posed difficulties for invading armies! Movie buffs will enjoy this part of the tour too as you will view Dover Castle – it was used for key filming of Hollywood production ‘The Other Boleyn Girl’.
After Dover you will be on your way back to London – the coach will be driving past the charming London borough of Greenwich. Thriving with maritime history, Greenwich boasts some truly striking buildings, including the Old Royal Naval College. It is considered one of famed architect Sir Christopher Wren’s masterpieces!
This tour will arrive back in London at approximately 6.00pm.
- This tour will only be available with an English-speaking guide. Other language tours will not be provided.
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
Date of Departure: Saturday 25 December 2021
Check-in time: 8:00am
Departure time: 8:30am
Return (approx.): 6:00pm
Departure point: Golden Tours Visitor Centre, Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
Pickup service from selected Hotels available.
Return Point: This tour will finish at approximately 6:00pm in Victoria with optional stop at Trafalgar SQ, Hyde Park Corner, Marble Arch and Bayswater Road.
|Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||SW1W 9SH||08:00:00|