British Music Experience
Activity code: BME
- Discover the story of British music through the ages with costumes, memorabilia, instruments and performance
- See famous outfits worn by stars past and present including Freddie Mercury and the Spice Girls
- Get involved with the interactive experience and learn how to play a musical instrument
- Enjoy a free audio guide throughout your experience
Discover the very best of British music through the ages at the fascinating British music experience! Whatever your age, whichever genre you’re into and whoever your favourite artist is, there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
You’ll get the extra special chance of seeing over 600 pieces of memorabilia including outfits worn by musical superstars Freddie Mercury, Dusty Springfield, the Spice Girls and Adam Ant. As if this wasn’t enough, you’ll also get to see some of the most famous musicians of all time’s instruments such as Noel Gallagher and the Sex Pistols guitars.
No one represents current British music more than 100 million record-selling Adele, and you’ll have the opportunity to see her handwritten set list from her first tour alongside original Brit Award statues. You’ll also find the authentic Saville Row Apple Corp front door made famous by the Beatles.
After discovering the many costumes, instruments and other fascinating memorabilia, you'll have the chance to be a superstar for the day! Why not learn a musical instrument using the best music equipment available in the Gibson Studio – the drum kit awaits! There’s also a vocal booth for you to test your vocal range and a dance studio to dance through decades of British music!
At the end of your British Music Experience, you can explore the exclusive variety of gifts, clothing, books and memorabilia and have time to grab a snack at the Star Cafe.
This is a simply unmissable look into British Music through the ages!
Celebrating Scottish Rock and Pop will be held at the British Music Experience until 25th September 2022, focusing on all things Scotland.
- Audio guide is available in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Mandarin, Polish and British Sign Language visuals.
- You are welcome to purchase an audio guide on arrival, subject to availability.
- You must redeem your voucher at: British Music Experience Reception – Cunard Building, Pier Head, Water Street, Liverpool, L3 1DS.
Location: Cunard Building, Liverpool, Merseyside L3 1DS, United Kingdom
Hours of Operation:
01 April 2022 – 31 July 2022: Tuesday – Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
01 August 2022 – 31 August 2022: Monday – Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
01 September 2022 – 16 October 2022: Wednesday – Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
17 October 2022 – 23 October 2022: Tuesday – Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
24 October – 30 October 2022: Monday – Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm
31 October 2022: Closed
Last admission is 4:00pm.
Planned Closures: 24 – 26 December, 31 December and 01 January
Duration: A typical visit is 1.5 to 2 hours but guests are welcome to stay as long as they’d like.
Please note: Tickets include general admission. Audio guides are not included.
Groups are able to book for days closed to the public, unless an event is taking place.