Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour
- See where John Watson first hears of Sherlock Holmes from his friend Stamford
- Visit TV and movie locations from shows staring Benedict Cumberbatch and Robert Downey Jr
- Find locations from the Conan Doyle books The Illustrious Client, The Bruce Partington Plans, A Study in Scarlet and others
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- Your confirmation voucher provides you with full information about the Local Operator (including contact details). You can rest assured that we select only the most reliable and experienced operators in each destination.
- This Sherlock Holmes tour is accessible for wheelchair users and for parents with prams or buggies, but please let us know so we can inform our guide.
- There should be at least 1 responsible adult aged 18 or over as the lead traveller for the booking.
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours in advance.
- Max group size of 20 persons
Deerstalkers at the ready for all Holmes and Watson fans, as you take a Sherlock Holmes Tour of London. This tour explores places featured in the books, which are real sites that inspired Arthur Conan Doyle. We will also discover famous locations featured in film and TV adaptations of the detectives’ adventures.
The tour will start Outside Criterion restaurant on Piccadilly Circus, where Holmes and Watson first meet and take in literary sites from gentlemen’s clubs to grand hotels featured in some of the novels and short stories, as well as the London that inspired the author of the books, Arthur Conan Doyle.
You will visit many of the film and TV locations and inspirations in London, which have now been featured on the big and small screen by famous actors such as Jeremy Brett, Benedict Cumberbatch and Robert Downey Jr.
Take photos on the way and ask your tour guide anything you like about Holmes and Watson. Why not dress up as the Master Sleuth himself .
The tour will finish at Somerset House on The Strand.
Wednesdays (only February to November) at 10:30am
Meeting Point: Outside the 'Savini at Criterion' restaurant in PICCADILLY CIRCUS, next to the Criterion Theatre. (Piccadilly Circus Tube – Bakerloo and Piccadilly lines, leave station by exit for statue of Eros.) where you will find your guide waiting for you.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early at your meeting point as the tour will leave promptly.
Return Point: Somerset House on The Strand