The Clink Prison Museum
Activity code: CPM
- Explore the oldest and most formidable prison in Britain, if you’re brave enough!
- Dating back to the 12th century with a 600 years of history
- Discover the terrifying stories of prison torture
- Come up close and personal to fascinating artefacts including torture devices
Enter the most formidable prison in Britain for a terrifying (but fascinating) tour like no other! With a history spanning 600 years, the Clink Prison has a notorious past and one that you can unravel in this exciting adventure.
Discover the prison’s horrifying tales of prison torture as you roam its grounds and learn of the terrible crimes that landed the inmates a stint in the Clink Prison! You’ll even get to hold the terrifying torture devices once used to punish any unruly behaviour!
Learn about the notorious actions of the prison’s inhabitants which included the debtors, harlots, heretics, drunkards and religious adversaries. Enter the prison at your own peril!
- The venue is not disabled friendly.
Days of Operation - Daily
Times: 10.00am - 6pm
Last entry time: 5.30pm
Closed on Christmas Day