Dover Castle Tickets
Activity code: DC
- Discover the longest serving fortress in England
- Visit Henry II’s Great Tower
- Explore underground tunnels used in the Second World War
- See rare anti-aircraft guns
Step into the longest-serving fortress in England — Dover Castle. This impressive castle has over 2000 years of history, from an Iron Age hillfort to King Henry II’s medieval royal palace we see today.
Venture inside and follow lifelike hologram figures round private chambers with exquisite furnishings, the great hall, kitchen and armouries before climbing to the roof for spectacular panoramic views of the English Channel.
Delve deep underground to explore the 200-year-old history of the tunnels. Journey through the very rooms where the 'Miracle of Dunkirk' was masterminded and discover the story of the successful evacuation of 300,000 British and Allied troops, told through film, audio and archive photography. Take a fascinating guided tour of the Second World War Underground Hospital and relive the tension as surgeons battle to save an injured pilot.
Explore the Fire Command Post and see the only working example of a British 3-inch gun in the world. Learn to communicate in Morse code and visit the oldest surviving lighthouse in the UK, and one of the oldest in the world — the Roman Pharos.
- Tickets cannot be cancelled but may be amended 48 hours prior to entry.
- Large bags are not allowed, but lockers are available to hire.