Activity code: RM
- Visit the incredible Royal Mews for a royal experience like no other
- Home to the incredible State vehicles used for iconic royal occasions including coronations
- See the exquisite horse-drawn carriages and motor cars
- Explore the stables home to the working horses
- Soak in sights of the extra special Diamond Jubilee State Coach
Stables Home to Working Royal Horses
Diamond Jubilee State Coach
Contained within the coach is a 'Thousand Years of British History' with artefacts from The Mary Rose and the gun metal used for Victoria Crosses. On the roof of The Diamond Jubilee State Coach is a carved Imperial Crown created from specially selected oak from Admiral Lord Nelson's ship HMS Victory. Another unique quality is that the crown was hollowed allowing for the installation of a small camera to film the crowds lining the route. Other modern conveniences such as electric windows, interior lighting and heating can all be controlled via an interior hand panel concealed in the teak armrests.
The Diamond Jubilee State Coach is now on permanent display at the Royal Mews.
- You must ensure that you have a printed copy of your ticket's for entry.
The Royal Mews, Buckingham Palace, London, SW1W 1QH
Nearest Train Station: Victoria
Nearest Underground: Victoria, Green Park or Hyde Park Corner
Bus Routes: 11, 211, C1 or C10
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.
Days of Operation: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Start time: 11:00am to 4:00pm every 15mins