Afternoon Tea at The British Museum
- Enjoy a quintessentially British tradition of afternoon tea at the British Museum
- Tuck into delightful fresh food in an amazing setting
- Indulge in a selection of delicious loose leaf teas
- Scrumptious scones with clotted Cream and jam
- Optional glass of Prosecco
- The maximum number of people per booking is six. If you would like to book for more than six people you will have to make another booking under a different name.
Enjoy traditional afternoon tea under the breathtaking roof of the British Museum's Great Court Restaurant. The British Museum is dedicated to human history and culture and houses a huge collection of artefacts from all over the world. The Great Court Restaurant is an oasis of calm in the centre of Bloomsbury and a beautiful place to enjoy this great British tradition.
You will be seated in the airy Great Court Restaurant under the Museum's famous glass roof. Choose from a selection of organic loose leaf teas and delicate flowering teas such as Oriental sencha. The afternoon tea menu includes all the traditional delicacies that you could want!
Tuck into finger sandwiches with a choice of either Portland crab, coronation chicken or Wiltshire ham. The vegetarian option is cucumber with black truffle cream cheese on white bread. Then you'll get to indulge a delicious variety of cakes including carrot and quinoa cake, shortbread crown elderflower biscuit and more. Of course, afternoon tea wouldn't be complete without the finest selection of scones with butter, clotted cream and strawberry jam.
If you want make your afternoon tea experience extra special, why not add a glass of Prosecco to your package? Begin your afternoon in style!
We can only cater to the following dietary restrictions: Vegetarian, Pescatarian and Nut Free. We are not able to provide Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Lactose Free, Halal and Vegan Afternoon Tea.
Interested in a guided tour of the British Museum? Find out more information here.
Great Court Restaurant, British Museum, Great Russell Street, WC1B 3DG
Nearest Tube: Russell Square