Beatles Explorer Liverpool
Activity code: BEL
- Discover popular Beatles sites around Liverpool on this open top bus tour
- Take photos at Penny Lane and Strawberry Field
- See where the Fab Four grew up and spent their childhood
- Learn fascinating facts from the onboard tour guide
Embark on a 2-hour open top bus tour around Liverpool to learn the story behind the legendary band The Beatles. With a rich history and heritage, there is much to see and do in this incredible city. Uncover historical facts and anecdotes relating to Liverpool and The Beatles from your entertaining and informative tour guide, who will accompany you throughout the experience.
Hop on the bus at the Royal Albert Dock — iconic docklands which dominated global trade in the early 19th century and home to The Tate Liverpool, The Beatles Story, the Maritime Museum and many shops, restaurants and bars. From here, you’ll traverse the city discovering the homes and areas in which the Fab Four grew up and frequented as well as where other famous people lived and filming locations for Peaky Blinders, Harry Potter and more.
You’ll get the chance to hop off at Penny Lane and take pictures with the iconic sign. It’s one of Liverpool’s most famous roads all thanks to their hit song in 1967. Did you know that this is where Paul McCartney would change buses to visit John Lennon?
Another famous Beatles stop is Strawberry Field, a former Salvation Army children’s home where John Lennon played as a child. Now an interactive visitor exhibition, café, shop and garden, Strawberry Field tells the story of Lennon’s childhood through memorabilia and multimedia as well as helping young people with learning difficulties via the Steps at Strawberry Field programmes. Choose to stop for a 15-minute photo op outside the red gates or stay longer and hop on a later bus back to the city centre.
- Tickets must be printed and presented to the driver. Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected departure.
- This tour may be amended or cancelled 48 hours prior to visit date.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible. The bus stairs may be difficult for those with limited mobility.