Jack The Ripper Walking Tour - 6:00pm
Activity code: WT5
- Travel back to the dark and dismal days of the Victorian era when Jack the Ripper roamed the streets
- A Spooky Walking Tour about the most famous serial killer in the world
- Explore the History Behind the Mysterious Jack the Ripper Murders
- Learn about the murder sites, victims and suspects from a professional guide
Travel back in time to Victorian London when Jack the Ripper roamed the streets of the capital on this Jack the Ripper Walking Tour. In the early hours of 31st August 1888, a man, walking to work down a dark lane in Whitechapel, found a shapeless bundle lying on the ground. He went to investigate and found Mary Ann Nichols, an East End prostitute murdered in the most gruesome way. This was the first of many killings, sparking one of the most famous man hunts in the world. Ripperologists and amateur sleuths are still trying to work out the true identity of the man they called Jack the Ripper!
During this walking tour you will follow the shadowy trail left by Jack the Ripper through East London’s Whitechapel in the Victorian era, coming across the places where the grisly murders took place. Start your spine-tingling tour at Trader’s Gate before venturing to Aldgate High Street and Mitre Square where both Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes were murdered.
The next stop is Goulston Street, where arguably the most vital clue to solving the case of Jack the Ripper could be found! Ramble down Commercial Street before arriving at notorious Hanbury Street, where the body of horrifically mutilated Annie Chapman was discovered. Play detective during this marvellously morbid walking tour and see some famous London sights too!
Who was Jack the Ripper? Discover the victims, suspects and story behind the unidentified killer on this ominous and entertaining walking tour.
Virtual Reality Experience - Optional (Available only at 3:30pm)
Be transported back in time to when the world’s most prolific serial killer Jack the Ripper roamed the streets with our exclusive Virtual Reality experience. Be sure to have your wits about you as your thrilling adventure brings to life Victorian London like never before. See each scene where the victims were mercilessly murdered and see if you can find Jack the Ripper lurking in the background of each scene. Accompanied with the terrifying (yet fascinating) stories from your expert guide, this is the perfect way to discover one of London’s most famous crimes.
The tour will finish at approximately 7:30pm near Liverpool Street Station.
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- Due to the current high volume of protesters in central London, there may be some delays or alterations to your tour.
- Under 16s are able to attend this tour at their parents discretion
- Virtual Reality experience is only available on the 3.30pm tour
- Virtual Reality headset experience is at an optional additional cost at booking
- You must be over 14 years to be able to use the Virtual Reality headset
Finish time: 7:30pm
Departure Point and Directions:
Traders Gate Souvenir Shop, 35 Tower Hill, London EC3. Come out from Tower Hill station and walk down the steps on the right, the departure point is located at the bottom of the steps on the right hand side.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time (5.45pm).
Return Location: Near Liverpool Street Underground Station
Nearest Underground Station: Tower Hill Station (District and Circle lines)