Small Group Tour to Oxford, Entry to Shakespeare’s Birthplace and Cotswolds
Activity code: 157
- Extra special small group experience
- Enjoy leisure time in the quintessentially British city of Oxford
- Entry to Shakespeare’s Birthplace & drive through the Cotswolds
- Expert guide providing fascinating historical insight
- Return transportation by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cancelled bookings up to 24 hours before travel receive a full refund
Leisure Time in the City of Oxford
The first stop on your small group tour will be to the quintessentially English city of Oxford. Home to the oldest university in the English-speaking world, Oxford University, it is one of the most talked about locations in the UK. Its alumni include some of the most famous British names, from Professor Stephen Hawking to the current Prime Minister Theresa May, and the literature greats, Oscar Wilde to J.R.R Tolkien.
Walk along the beautiful cobbled streets of Oxford and uncover the city’s rich history with a journey through the ancient squares and towering spires, soaking in the sensational architecture as you go.
Next stop on your small group tour will be to the picturesque Stratford-upon-Avon, famous for being the home of world-famous playwright, William Shakespeare. You’ll get to see the quaint houses with thatched roofs, idyllic floral gardens and cobbled streets as you journey towards Shakespeare’s birthplace.
Whether you’re a fan of Shakespeare’s literature or not, a trip to Shakespeare’s Birthplace is a must. You’ll get to follow in the Bard’s footsteps, into his childhood kitchen, his bedroom and through the rest of his family home! Each room has a guide who will share a fascinating insight into life for Shakespeare growing up as well as the rest of his hard-working family.
Drive through the Cotswolds
Enjoy a picturesque drive through the Cotswolds, known as the most beautiful location in the UK. See idyllic sights of its gorgeous cottages and their thatched roofs, the winding streets and glorious countryside views.
|What's Included in the tour
||What's Excluded in the tour
- To see our social distancing and health and safety policy, click here
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
April to March: Friday
Departure Location: Golden Tours Visitors Centre, Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
Departure point: Golden Tours Visitors Centre, Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH
Return point: Kensington and Victoria area - subject to traffic conditions
Tel: +44 (0)20 7233 7030