Extended visit to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge
Activity code: 25F
- Enjoy a Walking Tour of Windsor or visit Windsor Castle
- View the mystical Stonehenge
- Professional Guide
- Luxury Air Conditioned Vehicle
Windsor can be found on the River Thames, just west of London. It is one of only 8 Royal Boroughs in the UK. A Royal Borough is given this status based on an express wish by the Monarchy. It's easy to see why Windsor has been granted this once you arrive. The market town is steeped in history and is home to Windsor Castle, a residence of the British Royal Family. Built by William The Conqueror in the 11th century, the Castle hosted the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, also known as Harry and Megan.
You can either purchase a ticket for entry into the Castle, or join the guided walking tour of the beautiful cobbled streets that surround it.
After visiting the beautiful town of Windsor, the tour takes you to Stonehenge, a prehistoric monument in Wiltshire, England. Stonehenge is where you'll find the famous circle of sarsen and ‘bluestones’, many being around 13 feet in height, around 7 feet wide, with some weighting up to 25 tonnes each, with the heaviest being around 30 tonnes. The first monument at Stonehenge was a circular earthwork enclosure, built in about 3000 BC. There are many different theories as to how the stones arrived at Stonehenge, including them being pulled over 30km to the site.
A tour guide will accompany you on your journeys to Windsor, Stonehenge and back to London, providing lots of useful facts, figures and ‘inside knowledge’.
- To see our health and safety policy, click here.
- Windsor Castle is a working royal palace and planned closures/disruptions may be subject to change. Please view the Schedule tab above for full information on closures.
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- Download the audio tour in advance, please search for the ‘Stonehenge Audio Tour’ in your App store.
- During peak periods, additional vehicles without Wi-Fi may be used.
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day.