Oxford and Cambridge Tour
Activity code: 30
- Learn the history of the quintessential city of Oxford with an expert-led walking tour
- Visit Christ Church College where the Harry Potter film series was filmed
- Discover Cambridge with a visit to King’s College and see the Corpus Clock
- Explore the best of Cambridge by foot with a walking tour of the city
- Return transportation on a luxury coach
- Cancelled bookings up to 24 hours before travel receive a full refund
- This tour operates in English, Mandarin and Spanish
You’ll get to visit the location of the University of Cambridge and the famous Senate House, once used for gatherings of the Council of the Senate and now a traditional venue for degree ceremonies. With its neoclassical architecture and rich history, you’ll get to learn more about its place in Cambridge culture.
You’ll also see the beautiful Corpus Clock which stands outside the Taylor Library at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge University. Hailed as one of the most innovative inventions of its time, this clock is a real sight to behold.
Visiting the Mathematical Bridge is a real treat on your journey. Located southwest of Cambridge and on the River Cam, its design is truly one-of-a-kind. Built in 1749 and designed by William Etheridge, it is built using only straight timbers although with a curvature design – it’s not to be missed!
King’s College Chapel
Visit one of Cambridge’s main attractions – the world-famous King’s College Chapel. Dating back to 1446 when Henry VI began its build and finishing a century later, the building offers a wonderful look at gothic architecture both inside and out. With exquisite medieval stained glass windows and breath taking acoustics, this extra-special stop gives you the perfect opportunity to learn more about King’s College and the home of the talented King’s College Choir.
Walking Tour of Oxford
Oxford is famous for being home to the oldest university in the English speaking world – countless bright young things have wandered the town’s cobbled streets over the years! During this guided walking tour you will see the stunning Bodleian Library and furtively discover unspoilt narrow alleyways, ancient squares and towering spires.
Visit the renowned Christ Church College, where you can stroll through the quaint courtyards and mingle with students. Fans of the Harry Potter film series will be able to pick out key Christ Church filming locations – the college was used for a number of well-known scenes! The college’s Great Hall appeared as the setting for Hogwarts.
The tour will then leave Oxford and travel back to London for an estimated 7.00pm arrival.
- To see our social distancing and health and safety policy, click here
- You must bring the e-ticket provided to gain entry to this tour.
- *During Peak Periods, Additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi May Be Used.
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
Days of departure: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Check-in time: 8:00am
Departure time: 8:30am
Return time: approximately 7:00pm
Departure and drop-off point: Golden Tours Visitor Centre, Bus Stop 1, Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W 9SH. For more details see the map below.
Due to a legal working hour’s restriction for drivers, if your tour arrives back into London after 7:45pm, you will be dropped off at Gloucester Road Underground Station, not Victoria. Your driver will drop you off within a couple of minutes’ walk to Gloucester Road Underground Station. Gloucester Road is in Zone 1 and is three stops on the Circle or District Lines to Victoria. The Piccadilly Line also runs through Gloucester Road, where it is only 5 stops to Piccadilly Circus.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7233 7030
|Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||Bus Stop 3, Bulleid Way, Victoria||SW1W 9SH||08:00:00|