Hampton Court Palace
Activity code: HC
- Walk in the footsteps of Kings and explore the lavish Tudor State Apartments
- Discover the vast Tudor kitchens where Henry VIII's meals were prepared
- Wander through the gardens and find your way out of the world's oldest maze
- Costumed actors will guide you through the vast palace
- See exquisite works of art from Holbein, Van Dyke, and Rembrandt
A tale of two histories, Hampton Court Palace was originally designed by Cardinal Wolsey, a favourite of Henry VIII’s, before being developed by the King himself. Expanding on the Tudor splendour, Sir Christopher Wren added a touch of Baroque grandeur for William III and Mary II in the 17th century.
Opulence and beauty greets you in every room as you stroll through this historic palace. See if you can find the entwined initials of Henry VIII and his ill-fated second wife Anne Boleyn in the Great Hall, or spot Catherine Howard’s terrified ghost running along the Haunted Gallery to plead her innocence to Henry.
Sneak into the vast kitchens where extravagant Tudor meals such as roasted swan and poached dolphin, and wander through the Chapel Royal, developed in to its current beauty in 1710 by Christopher Wren for Queen Anne. Continue in the Baroque period by walking through the beautiful and theatrically designed State Apartments.
When you’ve marvelled at the masterpieces of artists Holbein, Van Dyke and Caravaggio, head out in to the 60 acres of stunning formal garden and see if you can escape the oldest surviving maze in the world.
2022 Special Events at Hampton Court
1 June - 18 Sept - Jubilee Blooms
27-29 August - Food Festival
22-30 October - Halloween at the palace
2-4 December - Festive Fayre
7 December - 2 January - Light Trail
- Please select your chosen day of visit and if a timeslot is needed, please select one. Otherwise, you are free to enter at any time during entry hours.
- Your ticket will be issued 48 hours prior to travel date.
- Concession price is applicable to full-time students – subject to a valid student ID card.
Hampton Court Palace, East Molesey, Surrey KT8 9AU
Nearest Train Station: Hampton Court
Bus Routes: 111, 216, 411, 451, R68, 513
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.
Days of operation:
Summer (30th March to 5th September)
Daily: 10:00am - 5:30pm.
Last admission: 4:30pm
8 June 2022 to 24 July 2022
Wednesday - Sunday: 10:00am to 5:30pm.
Last Admission: 4:30pm
25 July 2022 to 4 September 2022
Daily from 10:00am to 5:30pm.
Last Admission: 4:30pm
- 24 - 26 December: Closed