Activity code: KP
- Visit one of the UK’s most historic royal residences – Kensington Palace
- Explore The King’s Gallery, the King’s Staircase and the King’s State Apartments
- Venture through the gorgeous Sunken Garden
- Learn the fascinating history of the Palace as you explore
A residence of the Royal Family since the 17th century, Kensington Palace is the official London home of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge and you’ll get the chance to venture behind the royal doors!
You’ll arrive at the Palace through beautiful landscaped gardens before stepping through the entrance hall and into the plush King and Queen’s State Apartments. Here, you can soak in exceptional architecture and costumes that the royal family have worn over the centuries.
Discover the story of the Stuarts and the Hanoverians royal courts, and find out what you would have worn and how you should behave and act in order to succeed in the palace’s heady environment!
Designed by Sir Christopher Wren, the architect behind St Paul’s Cathedral, Kensington Palace is an elaborate palace with much to see and discover.
Designing for a Princess – Princess Diana Exhibition
Enjoy the new fashion display showcasing the style of Princess Diana including the evening dress she wore to the 1988 state dinner in Bangkok. With such a vast expanse of beautiful outfits to display, the dresses will be rotated with other iconic outfits worn by the Princess. You’ll also get to see one of Diana’s favourite designers, David Sassoon’s exquisite selection of fashion sketches
- Your ticket will be issued 48 hours prior to travel date
- Students must have a valid ID in order to use student pricing
- Concession price is also applicable to full-time students subject to a valid student ID card
HM Queen Elizabeth II
© William Hustler and Georgina Hustler / National Portrait Gallery, London
Photograph Snowdon © Armstrong Jones with thanks to Camera Press
Golden Tours act as an official agent for these activities, as such you are subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier.
Wednesday to Sunday 10:30am to 5:00pm (Last admission 3:30pm)
- Palace closed 24, 25, 26 December
Kensington Palace State Apartments, Kensington Gardens, London W8 4PX
Nearest Underground: High Street Kensington or Queensway
Bus Routes: 9, 10, 49, 52, 70, 94, 148, 390, 452