Heathrow Express - Return Journey
Activity code: HEX3
- Enjoy a premium high-speed train service to/from Heathrow Airport
- The easiest, quickest and most convenient travel into the heart of London
- Be in the capital/airport in just 15 minutes (21 minutes from Terminal 5)
- Pre-book and eliminate the stresses of post-flight and pre-flight travel arrangements
- Ticket includes a return journey
Heathrow Express is a premium high-speed train service that takes just 15 minutes between Heathrow Terminals 1 & 3 and London Paddington in just 15 minutes (21 minutes from Terminal 5). Put simply, it’s the quickest way from Heathrow to the heart of London.
With free Wi-Fi and Sky News, you can stay connected. In our new carriages, you will find at seat power sockets too. There’s plenty of space in our dedicated luggage racks and you’ll find toilet facilities on-board too.
Getting from Heathrow to London Paddington
How to find our terminals:
- Heathrow Central station is between Terminals 1 and 3. The terminals are signposted from the station and can be reached on foot in a few minutes.
- Heathrow Terminal 4 and Heathrow Terminal 5 stations are inside the terminals themselves. Lifts and escalators provide step-free access to check-in or arrivals, which are clearly signposted.
- If you are arriving at Terminal 4, take the free inter-terminal train to Heathrow Central (takes just 4 minutes) and change for the Heathrow Express.
Getting from London Paddington to Heathrow
Trains usually depart from Platforms 6 and 7 at London Paddington:
- If you’re going to Terminal 1 or Terminal 3, board any train and get off at Heathrow Central. Journey time is 15 minutes.
- For Terminal 5, get on the London-Heathrow train at Paddington and stay on board at Heathrow Central – all trains continue to Terminal 5, arriving six minutes later.
- For Terminal 4, change at Heathrow Central and catch the free transfer service. These connecting trains depart every 15 minutes and travel time is four minutes.
- Outbound journey: Valid for up to 5 days after the travel date specified on the ticket when purchased.
- Return journey: Must be made within 3 months of the initial outbound journey.
Daily: 7 days a week
150 journeys each day starting from Paddington Station at 5:10am with the last train leaving Terminals 1 & 3 at 11:48pm and 11:53pm (Sundays).
Every 15 Minutes*
Currently the Heathrow Express services are departing every 30 minutes:
London Paddington to Heathrow Terminal 5: 25 & 55 minutes past the hour
Heathrow Terminal 5 to London Paddington: 12 & 42 minutes past the hour
Heathrow Terminals 2&3 to London Paddington: 17 & 47 minutes past the hour