The Gardens at Buckingham Palace Tickets
Activity code: BPT
- Explore Buckingham Palace’s gardens for the first time
- Wander around the 39 acres of the Queen’s official London residency
- Picnic in the gardens in full view of the historic Palace
- See the 156-metre Herbaceous border in its summer glory.
- The outdoor setting and booked timeslots ensure ventilation and social distancing
We are now sold-out of tickets for the Gardens at Buckingham Palace. However other ticket options are available here
If you have been lucky enough to visit the State Rooms at the beautiful and historic official London residence of the UK and Commonwealth’s Monarch, Buckingham Palace, you will have caught a glimpse of the gardens as the you leave the Palace and head towards the Grosvenor Place exit. If, like me, you have always wanted to explore these gardens in much more depth, this year, for the very first time, you have the opportunity to do so.
The gardens at Buckingham Palace are 39 acres in size and house a 156-metre Herbaceous border and two and a half miles of gravel paths. As well as many other types of flora in the most beautiful of manicured settings. This year, you will be able to picnic in the gardens in full view of the Palace as the rest of London’s busy life passes you by outside.
They date back to the 1820s when George IV turned Buckingham House into a palace. It houses rare native plants never normally seen in London. It has over 1,000 trees, including the National Collection of Mulberry Trees and 320 different wildflowers and grasses. This truly is a unique opportunity for a unique year in the capital.
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- All visitors over the age of 16 must download the NHS COVID-19 app before your visit. You are required to scan the NHS QR code on entry, or provide your name and contact details on arrival. This info will be kept securely for 21 days and will be provided to the NHS if requested.
- A printed copy of the voucher will be needed
- Customers to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled timeslot
- Use of mobile phones are permitted in the Palace garden. Mobile phones must be switched off elsewhere on the visitor route.
- Please remember to take your Golden Tours voucher to the ticket office at The Royal Mews (Buckingham Palace, London, SW1W 1QH) on day of visit where it will be exchanged for an entrance ticket. Tickets cannot be amended or cancelled once booked.
- Clients that require mobility access must book directly with Buckingham Palace on (+44) (0)303 123 7324.
- Tickets purchased from Golden Tours cannot be converted into a 1-Year Pass
Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1A 1AA
Nearest Train Station: Victoria
Nearest Underground: Green Park, Victoria, Hyde Park Corner
Bus Routes: 11, 211, C1, C10
Royal Collection Trust / © Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 2021
Buckingham Palace Gardens
Available: 9th July until 19th September
Entry Thursday to Monday at either 11am, 1:30pm or 4pm.
Please exchange this voucher for tickets at The Royal Mews (Buckingham Palace, London, SW1W 1QH), where some queuing time should be expected. Latecomers will not be admitted. Entry to the gardens is via The Royal Mews.
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks
- Plastic glasses and paper cups
- Tableware and cutlery
- Small picnic baskets and cool bags
- Blankets and small foldable chairs
- Personal and golfing-sized umbrellas
All items must be no larger than 55 x 35cm in order to pass through airport-style security scanners.
- Alcohol consumption
- Sharp-bladed knives
- Radio/speaker ·
- Parasols, windbreakers and gazebos
- Ball games or similar