Hop-on Hop-off London Bus Tour & The View from the Shard
Activity code: OT28
- Unlimited hop-on hop-off adventures for either 1 day, 24 or 48 hours
- Take advantage of our multiple stops in the capital
- Enjoy panoramic views of London’s most iconic landmarks
- FREE walking tour and hop-on hop-off sightseeing cruise on the Thames
- Ascend 800 feet for the View from the Shard
- See the most sensational views that London has to offer
There’s no better way to explore London than on an open top bus tour! Taking you to the doorstep of the capital’s most famous landmarks and locations, you’ll be spoilt for choice at where to discover first. Whether you want to stay onboard and soak in panoramic views of Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, St Paul’s Cathedral, the Tower of London, the Shard and more, or hop-off to explore London by foot, you’ll be sure to have a day to remember.
Choose from a 1 day, 24 or 48 hours bus ticket with unlimited hop-on hop-off at multiple stops. Hop-off at Oxford Street for a spot of shopping, visit Westminster to see the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey, stop off at Trafalgar Square for Nelson’s Column and take the short walk to the bustling Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus, get up close to the golden gates of Buckingham Palace and much more – the choice is yours!!
- The Classic Tour (Blue route): Covers all the main Central London sights and visits London’s Museum Quarter.
- The Essential Tour (Red route): Passes Madame Tussauds and Kings Cross, as well as Hyde Park and Regents Park, two of the prettiest parks in London. Operating again from 12th feb 2022.
- The Pick Up/Drop Off Route (Yellow and Green routes): Operating in the morning and late afternoon, this route travels from the popular hotel districts to Central London.
The View from the Shard
Enjoy a visit to the tallest building in Western Europe – the Shard! This spectacular skyscraper offers you views from 800 feet above ground level across one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Spot the London Eye, St Paul’s Cathedral, the Tower of London, Wembley Stadium, Tower Bridge and many more.
Free 24hr River Thames Hop-on Hop-off Boat Ride. Valid only with the 24 or 48 bus ticket option
Enjoy an enthralling sightseeing cruise along the heart of London’s River Thames with this hop-on hop-off boat ride. Departing from Westminster and taking you to St Katharine’s Pier, you’ll get to soak in panoramic views of the capital’s most iconic landmarks for a sightseeing experience like no other! Discover fascinating facts as you cruise with live commentary from the captain and audio guides available via your Smartphone in Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German and Italian. Tickets are valid for 24 hours (unlimited usage within this time) so you can see the best of London at your own leisure!
Click here to view Map & Timetable
What's Included in the tour
What's Excluded in the tour
- Your 24 hours ticket valid from the moment you get on your first bus
- Cancellation policy: Once booked cannot be cancelled or amended
- Buses depart every 5-10 mins from Main Tourist Points and every 15-20 mins from elsewhere
- *Free River Thames Boat Ride valid for 24 hours from when you first hop-on the boat with unlimited usage within the 24 hours and only to be used between Westminster Pier and St Katharine’s Pier. Only valid with the 24 or 48 hour bus ticket options.
- Audio Guides in:
Hop on Hop off : Daily
English speaking live guides operate on many of our open top buses. To guarantee travelling with a live guide for a complete loop, please board the bus at stop 77, London Eye, Belvedere Road, SE1 7GH on the hour.
Bus Frequencies; Red Route only. Orange Route not operating.
10th January to 11th February 2022:
You can join the tour from any of our multiple stops. Each of our stops will be clearly signposted with the words Golden Tours sitting below the Transport for London bus stop logo. Each bus stop will also display its stop number. Bus stop numbers can be found in the timetable link;
Known events or delays that may impact the service;
Click here to view the latest service information
Free Hop-on Hop-off Boat Ride operated by Thames River Sightseeing.
Boats leave every 30 minutes from:
Westminster Pier (Westminster Pier, Victoria Embankment, London SW1A 2JH)
Embankment Pier (Embankment Pier, Victoria Embankment, London WS2N 6NU)
Festival Pier (Festival Pier, South Bank, London SE1 9PX)
Bankside Pier (Bankside Pier, Bankside, London SE1 9DT)
St Katharine’s Pier - for Tower of London - (St Katharine’s Pier, St Katharine's Way, London E1W 1LD)
Westminster Pier to Tower Bridge Quay and Greenwich Pier 11:00, 11:40, 12:20, 13:00, 13:40, 14:20, 15:00, 15:40, 16:20 & 17:00
Embankment Pier to Tower Bridge Quay and Greenwich Pier 11:05, 11:45, 12:25, 13:05, 13:45, 14:25, 15:05, 15:45, 16:25* & 17:05*
Festival Pier to Tower Bridge Quay and Greenwich Pier 11:10, 11:50, 12:30, 13:10, 13:50, 14:30, 15:10, 15:50, 16:30* & 17:10*
Bankside Pier to Tower Bridge Quay and Greenwich Pier 11:25, 12:05, 12:45, 13:25, 14:05, 14:45, 15:25 16:05 16:45* 17:25*
Tower Bridge Quay to Greenwich Pier 11:40, 12:20, 13:00, 13:40, 14:20, 15:00, 15:40 16:20
Tower Bridge Quay to Westminster Pier 12:40, 13:20, 14:00 14:40, 15:20 16:00 16:40 17:20
Greenwich Pier to Tower Bridge Quay and Westminster Pier 12:10 12:50 13:30 14:10 14:50 15:30 16:10** 16:50**
*These departures are only from Westminster to Tower Bridge Quay returning to Westminster (no Greenwich service)
**(One-Way) – These departures are one-way only without return service to Greenwich
The boat cruise is approx. 30 minutes in duration.
The Shard: The View from the Shard:
Days of Operation: Wednesday to Sunday (Closed Monday and Tuesday)
What time you will open and close: Various – View the times here
Last entry time: Various – View the times here
Exception: Closed on 25th December