The Story of Agatha Christie’s Extraordinary Life
- Uncover the extraordinary life of Agatha Christie
- Discover the locations that inspired her famous characters
- Explore the stunning English Riviera
- A fun, informative and picturesque tour for everyone
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour to check-in with your guide.
- Tickets may be cancelled and amended 72 hours prior to the visit date.
- This tour is wheelchair friendly.
- We recommend wearing appropriate footwear and clothing.
- Well-behaved dogs (on leads) are permitted.
- There will be opportunities to purchase refreshments and use toilets enroute.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult 18+.
Follow the beautiful coastline of Torquay on this 2.5-hour walking tour uncovering the extraordinary life of Agatha Christie. Set off from Agatha Christie’s bust, onto the Pavilion, before wandering over to the Princess Pier where Agatha would roller skate. Learn about her idyllic early years in Torquay, where she grew up and the places she visited with friends.
Walk along Abbey Sands beach before exploring the Italian Gardens and the historic Torre Abbey, where Christie discovered the man who inspired Hercule Poirot. Discover how she met her two husbands, see where her first husband proposed and the Grand Hotel where they spent their honeymoon.
Learn about her outstanding involvement and contributions during both World Wars and how her time spent writing prescriptions proved invaluable for the plots of her famous books. You’ll also find out about her solo travels to Baghdad to become a distinguished archaeologist and her disappearance which created headlines across the world.
Agatha Christie overcame many personal and professional challenges to become the world’s most successful author. Her books continue to touch the lives of millions around the world today. On this fun and informative walking tour, learn all about her extraordinary life, create some amusing photographic moments and marvel at the stunning English Riviera.
Address: English Riviera Visitor Information Centre, Vaughan Parade, Torquay TQ2 5JG
Check-in: Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour.